Question capacitor exploded

Apr 2, 2019
a couple weeks ago my computer broke when i wasnt home. The computer wouldnt turn on so i opened up the case to see what was wrong. Visualy there was nothing out of the ordinary so i checked my psu to see if there was a burnt fuse or any blown capacitors. I didnt see anything wrong but as seeing everything looked fine aswell i just assumed it was my cheep psu. I was wrong. So i bought a new 80+ bronze psu and when it arrived i thought my problems were over but when i opened my case again i saw corrosion everywhere. The corrosion was on the cpu heat sink and gpu heat sink i checked everywhere else to see no more corrosion. I though it wouldnt hurt to try my psu on it to see if the whole system is dead and to no suprise it didnt turn on. But i had another spair nicer mb to test my cpu and by themselves and was suprised to see it boot. But after i got past the windos boot logo green streaks started going through my screen which could be memory or other things but i was really hoping it wasnt my gpu. I cleaned out as much corrosion as i could to turning it back on again to nothing. My monitors backlight turns on after 10 or so seconds and thats all. My cpu still works completely fine rn but that didnt cost as much as my 1060 6gb which i dont have money to buy a new one to play vr on min spec. So i would like to know if there is anything in the world i could really do to try to resurrect my gpu and if the problem most likely came from a blown capacitor.

McKeu

Proper
Mar 27, 2019
I would first and foremost figure out the reason for the corrosion. I mean, that must have happened in mere days, as you made a visual inspection prior to buying the PSU and didn't see anything. Did someone spill something in it, while you were gone?

Apr 2, 2019
I would first and foremost figure out the reason for the corrosion. I mean, that must have happened in mere days, as you made a visual inspection prior to buying the PSU and didn't see anything. Did someone spill something in it, while you were gone?
My computer is in a spot that would hard to spill something in unless you meant to and i didnt think water or any other drink would corrode aluminum and copper.

TRENDING THREADS