[SOLVED] Capacitor fell off motherboard

Arcayz

Reputable
May 26, 2020
I noticed one of the capacitors fell off the motherboard near the cpu but I put it back in
Should i remove it or leave it their even tho its kinda loose
This is all what I see on top of them
R88, 820,2.5 and theirs 12 of those capacitors on the motherboard from what I see including the one that fell off from the motherboard

Solution
If you choose to solder make sure you put the correct capacitor color in the correct place. If you are not familiar with soldering, do not attempt. The last thing you want to do is short circuit any other connected parts.
D

Deleted member 2720853

What is the motherboard?

Where was the capacitor located?

EDIT: Nevermind, I can't read. If it's located next to the CPU I'd assume it's a voltage regulating capacitor, in which case, either you solder it back on very carefully or ditch the motherboard entirely.

D

Deleted member 2720853

Motherboard name is
sunflower mb 17516-1
the capacitor fell off near the cpu Is their anyway I could send you a pic of it?
Read my edited reply above, and yes, do post pictures for someone more experienced to help, if they can at all.

Arcayz

Reputable
May 26, 2020
What is the motherboard?

Where was the capacitor located?

EDIT: Nevermind, I can't read. If it's located next to the CPU I'd assume it's a voltage regulating capacitor, in which case, either you solder it back on very carefully or ditch the motherboard entirely.
Can i use my pc then normally or could I possibly fry something if I try using it?

D

Deleted member 2720853

Can i use my pc then normally or could I possibly fry something if I try using it?
I wouldn't recommend booting that thing. Post pictures and wait for somebody else to inform you on what to do next. All I can tell you is you just knocked off a voltage regulating capacitor which is important to keep the CPU's voltages in check. With one of those not working properly, you never know what might happen to your CPU.

Arcayz

Reputable
May 26, 2020
I wouldn't recommend booting that thing. Post pictures and wait for somebody else to inform you on what to do next. All I can tell you is you just knocked off a voltage regulating capacitor which is important to keep the CPU's voltages in check. With one of those not working properly, you never know what might happen to your CPU.
Ok thanks for tell me this👍

Apr 24, 2020
If you choose to solder make sure you put the correct capacitor color in the correct place. If you are not familiar with soldering, do not attempt. The last thing you want to do is short circuit any other connected parts.

Solution