[SOLVED] Capacitor looks damaged

Steensels

Honorable
Nov 10, 2015
Hello everyone,

I just received a motherboard, it should be brand new but because the box looked old, unsealed and a slight tear in the anti-static bag, i did some close inspection.
I found one of the capacitors to look damaged.

Would this be an issue in the long run? I'm not sure if it works at this moment, i'm a little bit hesitant as this is an upgrade process for 2 pc's.
Basically upgrading my primary pc with new parts, upgrading my secondary pc with my current primary pc parts with a new mini itx motherboard. Hence i'd love your input :)

7HbG7OG.jpg

Best regards
Glenn

Solution
The motherboard is definitely damaged and the packaging open.
Regardless of whether or not the capacitor still works as intended, I wouldn't put another variable into building out a new system.

Steensels

Honorable
Nov 10, 2015
Yes the capacitor's case is a bit deformed.

This is what an electrolytic capacitor has inside, just simple stuff.

If your motherboard is running well and there is no leaking nor hissing noise, it's OK.

3.jpg
Hello,

Thank you for your answer.

This motherboard is currently not in use, i bought it brand new (last in any store i could find) to upgrade my portable gaming rig with my current main rig cpu and ram.
My fear is that it won't last very long if it works, in which case i'm kind of stuck with an i7-7700k without a working motherboard.

Would you consider this an upcomming issue?

Best regards,
Glenn