[SOLVED] Capacitor markings on LG monitor

Oct 25, 2021
Hey everybody,

A few days ago my old LG monitor (M2352D-PZ) started to click, flash, shut off, then continuously restart this cycle when turned on or woken up from sleep mode. Sometimes the monitor would turn on and the LCD panel worked perfectly, so I figured it probably has to do something with the power board. After a little research, I found that a bad capacitor might be the culprit, so I took the monitor apart and in fact a capacitor was slightly bulging (not convinced 100%, but I hope that this is causing the problem). I'm trying to buy a new one and install it myself, but ran into a little trouble identifying the markings on it. I came up with the following, but would like to ask someone more knowledgeable if I'm correct: the 33 refers to 33 microfarads, 100v is 100 volts (duh), but I couldn't solve the ¤26AJ mark. I guess it could be the manufacturer/model number, but I don't want to miss out on something important and damage the board if I replace it with something unsuitable. Thanks for the help!

cgX0BPt.png

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Should just be a matter of matching the specs and dimensions. I agree that is likely a manufacturer part number since it is next to the logo.

I see 10mm caps in that range, that looks about the right size based on the picture.