Question capacitor near Ram slots

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
hi,
there are two ram slots on my motherboard,
the one near cpu works fine but the other one wont detect the ram. (No beep after starting pc if i put my ram there. also NOt like continues beep if i use No ram at all )
right now i have just one ram.
i was looking closely to the board, then i saw a capacitor near 24pin is somehow abnormal. like the top is not the same and it seems broken.
could the faulty ram slot be because of this?

(please check 3rd post for updates)

Last edited:

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
Yes.

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

If possible take a couple of clear, close-up photographs of the capacitor and RAM slot.

Post the photographs here via imgur (www.imgur.com).
View: https://imgur.com/a/JmxS2gc

this is the system and motherboard model is there. the broken capacitor is the one near 24pin. just look at the black dot on top of it. i believe thats faulty.

the board is an ancient one, but the psu is a decent brand new 450w that use to be on my 12th gen pc. i took it out for an upgrade and used it here.

also i wonder if i can use 2X2Gb (4in total) on this board or not. its a p945 chipset.

Cpu: e2140 working on 225 FSB OC mode.
ram is a 512 MB -533mhz. which is OC according to FSB. which i believe its 600mhz.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
It is not unusual for capacitors to swell, pop, leak as they age. If you are familiar with how to use the tools to desolder and replace that with the same part it very well could work just fine afterward. This shouldn't be a hard "do" for a PC repair shop either, but where it comes to hardware this old fixing it will likely go beyond its worth. Might be able to source a good mobo for less than repairs.

Reactions: .valkyrie.

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
It is not unusual for capacitors to swell, pop, leak as they age. If you are familiar with how to use the tools to desolder and replace that with the same part it very well could work just fine afterward. This shouldn't be a hard "do" for a PC repair shop either, but where it comes to hardware this old fixing it will likely go beyond its worth. Might be able to source a good mobo for less than repairs.
this pc is a temporary system for a specific task only.
yes i am familiar with that, yet i have to buy a capacitor. only i wish i knew the information of that thing. there is no manuals on internet.
also the information on this capacitor is not clear , like kinda washed out