[SOLVED] Capture card > OBS > Video + AUDIO (x2) to Discord?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Hi all,

Out of my depth on this one and can't seem to find anything definitive via Google searches.

Basically, my GFs kid has been watching a movie with a friend via Discord - but the friend has been watching via his webcam. Trying to find a better solution for them.

I have a capture card (EVGA XR1) and can feed it into OBS and a virtual webcam for use in Discord. So video is not a problem.
Where I'm running into issues, is audio. I can't seem to find a way to pipe the audio into the 'stream' to Discord, period. Needless to say, he'd want both the media audio + his mic in the call.
I have a minimal working knowledge of OBS (and Discord for that matter), but can muddle my way through.

Anybody able to point me in the right direction? Or any alternate solutions/platforms?

Mar 9, 2022
Hi all,

Out of my depth on this one and can't seem to find anything definitive via Google searches.

Basically, my GFs kid has been watching a movie with a friend via Discord - but the friend has been watching via his webcam. Trying to find a better solution for them.

I have a capture card (EVGA XR1) and can feed it into OBS and a virtual webcam for use in Discord. So video is not a problem.
Where I'm running into issues, is audio. I can't seem to find a way to pipe the audio into the 'stream' to Discord, period. Needless to say, he'd want both the media audio + his mic in the call.
I have a minimal working knowledge of OBS (and Discord for that matter), but can muddle my way through.

Anybody able to point me in the right direction? Or any alternate solutions/platforms?
There should be an option to share screen integrated inside of discord that'll carry over audio too. Otherwise, I'd double check OBS's video settings and make sure it's not muted or something weird like that.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
There should be an option to share screen integrated inside of discord that'll carry over audio too. Otherwise, I'd double check OBS's video settings and make sure it's not muted or something weird like that.

Can either screen share, or create a virtual webcam (Virtual webcam doesn't do audio as far as I can tell.)
Can send audio via screen share, but don't know where to start with combing the media + mic. I don't htink I can send multiple audio sources to Discord

gardenman

Splendid
Hi Barty,

I haven't done much research into this and I could be completely wrong, but I from what I have just read, you need two input devices. A regular sound card, and maybe an external (USB sound card) for the inputs. Then you can use a program such as VoiceMeeter to combine the multiple inputs into a virtual device that can be used by other software.

Looking at the screen shot of VoiceMeeter on their homepage shows 3 different audio input devices being combined into a single virtual output device that can be used by other software.

Like I said, I have not researched this and probably cannot answer any additional questions about it. I have not tried it. But hopefully it will spark some ideas for you.

Reference: https://support.discord.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360033995171-Multiple-input-and-output

Reactions: Barty1884

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Incase anybody stumbles across this, I was able to figure out a solution that works.... Not ideal, but it works.

Capture card to OBS & monitor output only.

Then, in Discord share the application (not your screen), and I gather this is only available in the App, not browser.

From there, go full screen in OBS with you video, and audio goes from the application to Discord, while your usual mic input continues to Discord also. No duplication, no virtual splitters required.

As far as I can tell, it should also work viewing in VLC, but I kept getting errors. So YMMV.

Reactions: gardenman
Status
Not open for further replies.