Capture Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicktimesr

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
Hello everyone,
I was searching for captures card and i found this one: http://tinyurl.com/3s5k5mq

Can i capture my PC with that capture card? I mean, can I take a HDMI cable, connect it to my graphics card and connect the other side to this capture card, and it will record my PC?

If it's impossible, Do you know any capture card that can do that (record computers)t?

**I know there are softwares like fraps, but I don't want any of them.

Solution
Ok well as i said i see no reason why it shouldn't but i cant say yes or no either way.
You do realize that at the end of the day the "Hardware" is just there to interpret the signal and that you will need to install a software suite to do the actual recording etc, right ?
I have actually just re installed a similar card into an older PC for a friend who borked his OS installation and it required a windows software suite as well as its own.
I'm not sure why the aversion to software recording, that's your choice and decision though.
Try and find reviews online of the card and maybe you will come across a review where they used it as you intend to. There may be DRM or compatibility issues so look into that as well. Some times for...

nicktimesr

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
I'm looking for an external device that can record my pc screen while i'm playing video games :] .

I know that capture cards can record for example, the PS3/XBOX360, so i want something like that, just a one that record also a PC screen. But I don't want any software.

Ok well as i said i see no reason why it shouldn't but i cant say yes or no either way.
You do realize that at the end of the day the "Hardware" is just there to interpret the signal and that you will need to install a software suite to do the actual recording etc, right ?
I have actually just re installed a similar card into an older PC for a friend who borked his OS installation and it required a windows software suite as well as its own.
I'm not sure why the aversion to software recording, that's your choice and decision though.
Try and find reviews online of the card and maybe you will come across a review where they used it as you intend to. There may be DRM or compatibility issues so look into that as well. Some times for example these things wont record at anything other than standard resolutions and refresh rates. So for example 1080p @ 60 Hz would be a non starter.

Mactronix :)

Solution

nicktimesr

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011

Alright :).

re: "Can i capture my PC with that capture card? I mean, can I take a HDMI cable, connect it to my graphics card and connect the other side to this capture card, and it will record my PC? "

You will not be able to see/record high def output from your PC if it is copy protected. e.g. you can't play a blue-ray disk or stream hi def movies and send the digital output over hdmi to a capture card and get a clean high def copy. google hdcp for more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.