Capture Device Initialization Error

Biergreiber

Reputable
Mar 8, 2014
I get an error message asking me to "make sure my Camcorder is turned on , is in Play Mode + connected to the 1394 port on the Computer" . I respect all this : Sony camera DCR 101E , fireware cable , mini DV tape , Windows XP , Pinnacle 9 . I'm lost :) Any idea would be highly appreciated
Armand (Luxembourg)

Are you turning the camcorder on before or after attaching the firewire (IEEE 1394) cable to the computer? Is the camcorder plugged in before you start Pinnacle 9? I know this can be frustrating as I have experienced the same issue in the past. The firewire connection can be a pain. Try connecting the camcorder to the computer before turning it on if you haven't already. After a few seconds open Pinnacle 9. Do you get any type of popup message when you connect the camera? Another thing you can try is to see if Windows MovieMaker recognizes the camcorder. Sounds strange but I have seen it recognize a camcorder when other programs would not.

Biergreiber

Reputable
Mar 8, 2014

Biergreiber

Reputable
Mar 8, 2014
Hi Ken
Many thanks for your answer but this was not the Problem ; my firewirecard turned crazy - sometimes it recognized the Camcorder but most of the time not . There was no obvious Problem with it (Driver ..) . I changed it's place - not better . I replaced it with a new one : perfect .
Perfect with Pinnacle 12 ; not with P9 which does not recognize the new Card .
I will continue with P12
Thanks again
Armand