Car Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Cutting off power to the fuel injectors, then stopping spark. I think that's the preferred method in order to prevent a single cycle of unburned fuel from the cylinders being pumped out through the exhaust, but don't hold me to that.

Reactions: kanewolf

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Are you asking for how to remotely shut down a vehicle?

That probably violates the rules of this forum in one of two possible ways:
  1. You are asking for help with a class assignment. We can't help you with that
  2. You are looking to hack into someone else's car. We can't help you with that (and if that's the case, this thread will get shut down immediately)

If this is a class project, I'm sure they must've provided you with resources on how to get OnStar's technical specifications, etc.

kanewolf

Titan
I am asking about the mechanism behind the working of something like onstar
We did provide methods that can be used to remotely turn off a car. Disabling the fuel pump and ignition. It is all controlled by software in the vehicle management computer. Just like you can remotely send special network packets to wake up a PC, GM can send special directives to the vehicle management computer to turn things off.

kanewolf

Titan
Are you asking for how to remotely shut down a vehicle?

That probably violates the rules of this forum in one of two possible ways:
  1. You are asking for help with a class assignment. We can't help you with that
  2. You are looking to hack into someone else's car. We can't help you with that (and if that's the case, this thread will get shut down immediately)
If this is a class project, I'm sure they must've provided you with resources on how to get OnStar's technical specifications, etc.
Putting on my moderator hat -- Yes, more technical discussion would violate the rules of this forum. I am going close this thread BEFORE it gets out of bounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS