Carbon Studio’s ‘The Wizards’ Makes You A Powerful Spellcaster In VR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Fx

Reputable
Jan 2, 2015
>Considering Carbon got its legs for its first VR game with OSVR Developer Fund money, we’re surprised at the absence of the less-expensive VR device.

Does OSVR have an equivalent of the Vive wands and OR touch controllers? If not, they simply can't support it because the controllers are missing. If so, I'd expect the game to work on OSVR, and assume they just don't want to support the not ready for retail OSVR platform.

I would love a VR game similar to "In verbis Virtus", in which you have to say the spells out loud with the correct pronunciation. Even better if you have to make a specific hand movement as well. Creating/combining spells would be great too!

alextheblue

Distinguished
Will it be online?

FabFizban: "Man do you ever screw up any spell ever?"
WizChummer: "I'm totally not cheating."
FabFizban: "Whoa, uh, I never said... wait are you cheating??"
WizChummer: "YOU CAN'T PROVE ANYTHING! LIGHTNING BOLT, LIGHTNING BOLT!"

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009

i can't bring myself to play voice games.
Using speech to text software, recognition has gotten good, but not 100%, to the point that even saying words right will fail words, till that's fixed, voice can't be the major draw for the game.

and if you cant think of a way to make hand recognition work on a controller, especially something like a steam controller, you have failed profoundly as a game developer, You put a sticker on the box that says 'best played with x' and make a compatible setup with y.

Lightgun games are perfectly playable with a controller, though admittedly not enjoyably played, had 2 years where I had no light gun, so I had to use a controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.