[SOLVED] Card came back from warranty but as if it was never worked on??

Jul 6, 2021
So my gpu came back 2 days ago , i sent it back to gigabyte because the fans used to rattle when the start to spin (which they still do even tho they said they swapped the fans)
My question is can fans be swapped with only removing the shroud of the gpu and not take the gpu apart?? This is creeping me out as if they got my card , put a sticker on it then sent it back to me. And when i asked them for a replacement card they legit said "no we cant prices are crazy atm" like what the hell?
Gtx 1660 oc

Solution
No, I don't believe you can replace the fans without taking the GPU apart. What makes you think it wasn't taken apart? They would have most likely replaced an "warranty void" stickers when they did so?

I'm guess either two things happened;

1) They looked at your card and determine what you are seeing is not an issue and just sent the card back, didn't fix anything or;

2) They just gave you another GPU and replaced serial number and that GPU has the same issue.

tecmo34

Administrator
No, I don't believe you can replace the fans without taking the GPU apart. What makes you think it wasn't taken apart? They would have most likely replaced an "warranty void" stickers when they did so?

1) They looked at your card and determine what you are seeing is not an issue and just sent the card back, didn't fix anything or;

2) They just gave you another GPU and replaced serial number and that GPU has the same issue.

Solution
Jul 6, 2021

Nah the my gpu's mothrboard has kind of a bent to the inside heat pipe so i looked at it and its the dame and the serial number on the card looks as it hasnt been moved + the backplate has a broken screw spot and its still there. So they can't have changed the card.
They didn't even bother to clean it the card had dirt still on the same spots.

Jul 6, 2021

But do you mean
Replace the gpu with a new one and replaced serial or replace with a used /bad one?

tecmo34

Administrator
But do you mean
Replace the gpu with a new one and replaced serial or replace with a used /bad one?
It looks like they looked at your card and decided it wasn't an issue since you said still had dirt, etc.

What I was saying is they could have give you a new GPU and just re-printed the Serial number and placed it on the card versus fixing yours. It doesn't sound like they did they either.

I would give them a call and see what they say. They should have details on the work done to it.