Card detection issue.

Oct 16, 2018
Hi friends. I recently purchased a gtx 1060 xlr8 oc edition graphics card and it arrived today, and I am having issues with getting it recognized by my motherboard. I have an msi z270 m3 and I am attempting to connect the card to the pci-e 16x express slot. Whenever I power on my PC, the card lights up and the fans are running as if the card is working but the card does not show up in bios or my device manager so I am stuck with integrated graphics. Unfortunately, the secondary 8x slot below is broken so i cannot plug it into that slot for reference to see if my 16x slot is faulty. I have tried wiping my PC. Disabling onboard graphics and updating my BIOS. I have also tried taking the card out and reconnecting it multiple times to no avail. Any sort of help is appreciated. Thanks.

Oct 16, 2018

Yes, the card came with an adapter that has 2 six pin connections that lead to a single 8 pin connection. And the card itself has an 8 pin connection slot. However, I am not using the adapter because I already had a 6x2 pin connector attached to my PSU.

Oct 16, 2018

Not yet, I will be trying that out tomorrow on a friends computer to see if the card is faulty or if its on my end.