card for hdtv and blue ray and the lot

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mdowlin2

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2008

I've been shopping around for a tuner and I just ordered this on newegg based on the rave reviews and good support it is getting from EVGA. I will let you guys know how it is when I get it this week.

Mdowlin2

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2008
I just got the indtube today and I am very impressed. It wasn't as buggy as I thought it would be. The channels come in very clearly and I can get a good picture from either coax cable or ota. Recording feature and remote work well too. I look forward to testing it more.

axlrose

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
alright, i think i'm going to be back at that greenbutton site you linked to read it all word for word later, but i think i'm going to give this hauppauge hd pvr a try.

MikeO89

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2006
they tell me i need their normal cable box and also a separate hd cable box and then i get all of their hd content, local and cable.

i'm thinking this means i don't have a reason to get a tv tuner card then because this is what their hd box will be. i'll have to have two boxes from them already. this doesn't cost me, i don't believe, for the box, but does cost 6.95 for a second cable box per month and 7.00 for the hd box per month.

does this sound right to anyone? can i take the hauppage tuner card off my wish list for tuesday?

So how is the set top box hooked to the computer without a TV Tuner?

Status
Not open for further replies.