Status
Not open for further replies.

dgbkiller

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
My PC configuration is as follows :
CPU --Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz (Cedar Mill)
MoBo -- Intel D102GGC2 & Chipset -- ATI RADEON Xpress 200 (RC410) + SB450
RAM -- 1GB DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz.
OS -- Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2
Monitor -- Samsung Syncmaster 591S (1024*768)

I have ATX SMPS, It is 450 Watts.

I had GeForce 8400GS Graphics Card which does not work any more. I could not play latest games {Too slow FPS like 5 FPS on lowest settings.}
I want to play latest games at lowest settings with at least 30 frames per second. I heard about Radeon HD 5670 and Nvidia Geforce GTX 240, Are the more that could work on my pc?

My budget is a max 100$.

Please suggest me best Graphic card AND also tell how much powerful Power Supply Unit I will need for it.

Thank You.

Solution
It would be better for you to save some cash up and build a better system, you can build a cheap system if you save up about $400-$500 more and you might be able to play most of the latest games at least on medium.

There is to many weak spots in your system to play today's games at 30 frames, even at low settings. You've only got 1GB of RAM, you've only got a P4 and your board only support the old P4's and Pentium D's so you really don't have any flexibility, so even if you get a new video card, it's not going to help much as you are already playing with ancient hardware.

Now out of those two card, the HD 5670 would be the better choice performance wise, and that PSU when it comes to wattage would be able to handle that system, but...

CDdude55

Distinguished
It would be better for you to save some cash up and build a better system, you can build a cheap system if you save up about $400-$500 more and you might be able to play most of the latest games at least on medium.

There is to many weak spots in your system to play today's games at 30 frames, even at low settings. You've only got 1GB of RAM, you've only got a P4 and your board only support the old P4's and Pentium D's so you really don't have any flexibility, so even if you get a new video card, it's not going to help much as you are already playing with ancient hardware.

Now out of those two card, the HD 5670 would be the better choice performance wise, and that PSU when it comes to wattage would be able to handle that system, but with PSU's brand matters, who manufacturers your power supply?, as i would not trust a generic low quality unit when gaming.

Solution

alexthager

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
CDdude is right, it'd be a struggle to continue upgrading that system, and it'd be best to start from scratch, but out of those 2 cards, the HD 5670 would most likely be your best bet.

G

Your power supply should be good enough a 5670 needs a minimum 400w psu. There are a few videos on youtube that claim to show game play for a P4 and 5670 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMAzLqQ7PKc, not sure if they are real. You might need a bit more ram as well for gaming. Building a new system would be the best path but if you don't have the $ I would go with a 5670. The 5670 is being phased out there is a 5670 in newegg for $70 with $10 rebate http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127600

Status
Not open for further replies.