Card magically stopped working after new cpu install

daterxies

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2009
well i just got done installing a new cpu and a hard drive, hook everything back up and wah lah... the monitor doesnt even turn on... for some odd reason thought it might be hd, disconnect hard drive, start it back up, monitor no response.... and yes the monitor is plugged into the back of the card...

anyone have ANY idea? i dont have much patiance and feel like throwing it out the window.

daterxies

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2009
no its a 650 i lt.. but i just noticed somthing and probably happened when my kids got there hyper spurt and distracted me.... like 3 of the round things that stand up on mobo are really bent to the side.... i am assuming this is probably it. *sigh*

jf812

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2009
i'll assume you mean the transistors. If so i'm afraid you might be out of luck. Try getting hold of a cheap graphics card and seeing if you get any luck with that. If you do then you need to buy a new graphics card.

mikey5802

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2009

Check the MOBO's website and make sure the CPU is compatible with your motherboard and CURRENT BIOS revision. Some mobo's may require a BIOS update to detect new CPU's.

FYI, when posting with a problem it sure helps to have system specs....otherwise you may just receive generalized answers.....