Question Card not working after trying to push motherboard power cable harder

Oct 3, 2020
5700xt nitro+ So, my motherboard 24pin cable doesn't go all the way in, causing me to plug it again every morning so i tried to push it harder to get it in. But it didn't work, so i gave up and tried to boot it so i can get back to using it. Everything is good, except the GPU. I reinstalled the gpu, still not working. It was undervolted to around 2064 mhz / 1090 before it stopped working, the vram was around 50-60 mhz overclocked(tried 100 before and ran for around an hour but there were artifacts, so tuned down). I am gonna try rma it if i cant solve it within 3-4 days. Anything that might fix it or verify the damage?

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to read what has been said in the thread(and my subsequent post) here. You're practically gambling with your system with that bad quality PSU. The longer you have it in your build, the closer you are to looking at a new system from the ground up, nothing that can be salvaged.

Oct 3, 2020
The power cable you are using in the gpu is a pci-express power cable? You dont say what cpu you have but if you have an intel cpu use the hd graphics, delete the program you used for undervolting the gpu, reinstall the drivers and see if it then works.
I have a 3600x, it doesnt have internal graphics

Im now worried about vram failure, i tested overclocking it to see will it work while browsing internet, and i forgot about it and ran for an hour with artifacts, then remembered and turned it down or just a slight increase(dont remember which), it was still working before i shut the computer down, so idk.

if the cable connectors are not aligned quite right when you push hard on them, the can pop out of the back of the plastic holder and you might not notice. if that is the case you just need to check and pop the connector back into the holder. it can leave you scratching your head trying to figure it out.

Oct 3, 2020
if the cable connectors are not aligned quite right when you push hard on them, the can pop out of the back of the plastic holder and you might not notice. if that is the case you just need to check and pop the connector back into the holder. it can leave you scratching your head trying to figure it out.
GPU or mobo?

this is a little involved but do you have an older gpu you can install to see if its your motherboard or the gpu, or perhaps a friend that has a computer that you can try your 5700 in to see if it works in their system? As titan states earlier if you have a bad psu you may be just chasing your tail until you address that problem.

Oct 3, 2020
I'm gonna try it tomorrow at a local pc shop, though his shop seems more software oriented he definitely would have a pc at the office which i can plug to, and switch the psu to see if the psu or motherboard is the issue, or worst case scenario- my card is already fried, not working in his system. I hope hes got a decent psu so i can run some benchs.

I'm gonna try it tomorrow at a local pc shop, though his shop seems more software oriented he definitely would have a pc at the office which i can plug to, and switch the psu to see if the psu or motherboard is the issue, or worst case scenario- my card is already fried, not working in his system. I hope hes got a decent psu so i can run some benchs.
Very good I am interested to know the results.

Oct 3, 2020
Very good I am interested to know the results.
Agh, the results are rather bad. Pc shops have bad reputation, and he took out my ram, and i mistook that for him stealing it and putting a worse one or something. So he put the eraser back, got everything together, said, are you a worrier? Then told me to go away. (I mean i rather behave him as a thief, its a very bad feeling) Though, no maniac will steal out in the open. But he plugged a different gpu in before and still no output. So he said now i'll fix it and you'll give me the money. Maybe he was one of the rare honest ones. Now im home and tomorrow i'll try at my friends case. Oh he fit the 24 pin connector fully aswell, apparently i just couldn't.