I have an Olympus C4000 camera and to make downloading the images easy I
had an internal card reader installed on my new computer which has
windows xp installed. At present I have given up using the card reader
and stick with the camera usb lead as when ever I use the internal card
reader it seems to upset things and I get card errors coming up on the
camera. If I dont use the card reader then things go along trouble
free ? Has anyone any experience of this problem ?

--
Les J

"You had card reader installed" - installed professionally? Go back to
whoever did it and get them to do it properly - it should have been tested
first!

Alternatively, could be incompatability between card reader and camera, or
missing or out-of-date drivers - you could check with Olympus or card reader
mfr re compatability and/or drivers

USB multi-card readers are now dirt cheap - you could try another one, in
USB port rather than built-in
I've had no trouble with either of my cameras with "universal" card readers
(have 2 cameras, and 2 readers, both USB, one is Olympus but not your
model).

HTH Len.