Question Card to handle newer games?

BillWiTheScienceFi

Reputable
Oct 4, 2019
Currently have a nvidia RTX 2060 , what is the cheapest option to be able to run newer (unreal engine) games on not low quality...?

Also does GB matter on cards? 8 vs 16?
looking at the rtx 4060 ti currently...

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
If you must go for a GPU upgrade, I'd suggest you go for the RTX4070 Super if you're able to.

Where are you located, what is your budget for a new card(since the terms cheapest and budget are a relative term) and preferred site for purchase?

What are your current system specs? Please list them like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

BillWiTheScienceFi

Reputable
Oct 4, 2019
If you must go for a GPU upgrade, I'd suggest you go for the RTX4070 Super if you're able to.

Where are you located, what is your budget for a new card(since the terms cheapest and budget are a relative term) and preferred site for purchase?

What are your current system specs? Please list them like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

https://ibb.co/5L72hV8

PSU: MSI MPG A650GF 650W modular - less than 2 years old
Monitor: AOC C24G1 24" (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GD7H18F/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1)
Case: Fractal design focus G ATX Midtower

Was thinking $300 range

Reactions: artk2219
Reactions: artk2219

35below0

Respectable
Jan 3, 2024
Wait until new GPUs launch this Christmas.

Or pickup a 4060 right now. Not the Ti, just the vanilla. Ti costs more but doesn't perform much better.
8Gb of VRAM is good enough for most games but MODS will eat up VRAM. So if you're playing modded games, start saving money for a 16Gb GPU.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I am asking/just saying that don't AMD CPU report differently such that where Intel is its reported temp that AMD is actually degrees to bad temps?

When you run this is that number going down or up as the CPU (logically) heats?

Basically just throwing an idea at to see if it sticks.