Card vs Cooling

fadoraguy9025

Reputable
Aug 9, 2014
Hello.
I've been looking at the EVGA Superclocked black edition card. I was pretty set on getting it until I watched a video saying if you had a pre built PC, which I do. I bought from ASUS that you should "Rethink getting a non blower card. I was wondering If getting the Superclocked card would be bad for my system as it stands right now, or if i should get the ASUS Blower card like the video recommends

Solution
It will only throttle the performance on the non blower style card if you have basically no ventilation in the case, just install as many case fans as it can take if you're worried about it and get the EVGA. The reduction in noise is worth it over the blower style.

fadoraguy9025

Reputable
Aug 9, 2014

I just have the cooling that came with my system. But i realized the clock speed on the blower cards ( that blow out the back) is significantly less than the super clocked ones. He said something about heat bottle necking so i was just curious

It will only throttle the performance on the non blower style card if you have basically no ventilation in the case, just install as many case fans as it can take if you're worried about it and get the EVGA. The reduction in noise is worth it over the blower style.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS