Carmack Confirms Doom 4, Apologizes for Rage PC

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

faizi1997

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011
[citation][nom]JDW_SWB[/nom]And the headline in 2013 will read - "Carmack Confirms Rage 2, Apologizes for Doom 4 PC"[/citation]
Made my day.

marcolorenzo

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
[citation][nom]giovanni86[/nom]Rage was a big disappointment, and no i haven't tried it yet[/citation]

Sorry you were disappointed with a game you had never played...

darkavenger123

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
Not impressed. ID has good graphics engine...but their game...sucks. They should just focus on the graphics engine and licensed it to someone else to do the game development.

G

I lost my respect to this guy the day when he just ported Doom 3 to Xbox and discarded PS2.

[citation][nom]giovanni86[/nom]id was a company i looked up to in my younger days as the company that stayed true to the PC. Unfortunately with Carmacks views and how he thinks about virtual and consoles in general has made me almost nostalgic especially the mobile side. ... I have no faith in id anymore. enough said.[/citation]

To me, when it is ready, at least in the past from id, meant the bugs were minimal, unlike RAGE. Now, was id at fault for all the serious bugs because they thought it was ready, or did Bethesda force them to release it sooner (as their new owners)? Bethesda has some great games mind you, but sometimes they are riddled with bugs, just to make a deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.