Carmageddon Making a Bloody Return to PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

silversurfernhs

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
i saw this yesterday and i nearly passed out

i'd a been happy if they just re released all three with with all expansions and updates and stuff like they do for other collections - but this is fantastic

matter of fact that should be something they look into, distribute all three through steam... in preparation for the 4th

i really hope they do something like that, its such a pita to get 'em running

G

Sweet. I still have an orginal Carmageddon 2 CD in jewel case in my old CD tower.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
god i loved carmagedon... heres hoping this doesn't suck...

also, anyone else have a 3d card back than, prefer the software render over the 3d acceleration?

silversurfernhs

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
alidan
god i loved carmagedon... heres hoping this doesn't suck...

also, anyone else have a 3d card back than, prefer the software render over the 3d acceleration?

i have mixed feelings about software versus hardware in older games - what i mean by this is that back in the day everyone was pining for hardware acceleration to run in d3d or glide, and yes everything was smoother, better res, but looking back i almost prefer software rendering at times because games like og carma/ doom/ nukem 3d looked more grungy/ detailed in a way with software.

plus it adds to the nostalgia value when playing them now days because sure, you could run zdoom or whatever duke @1920 w AA and blah blah - but when you run it like it was back on the old beige bucket, theres something special about it

anybody else share this?

Abaddon

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2008
Saw this announcement yesterday. Was so excited that I installed Carma1 and SplatPack last night. Still good times. Though I remember the graphics being much better. Hasn't tarnished the memories but I'm looking forward to the new game even more now.

G

AWESOME :) This news thrills me even more than Duke Nukem finally going gold

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
I can recall playing LAN games of Carmageddon with my brother and a friend, and it was just insane fun. I hope the devs are truly able to recapture the fun of and expand upon the original.

I can't wait to run over an entire football team in a stadium again!

G

what was that sarcasm at the last sentence?!?!!? I don't like it Mr. Kevin Parrish. Carmageddon 1,2 was LEGEN.........wait for it.

@silversurfernhs all 3????? to my knowledge there was only 2 Carmageddon games. The Tdr2000 developed by Torus Games was a load of horseshit! Even the parent developers, Stainless won't talk about that piece of analvomit because it sucked monkey butt. Look here in their history section: carmageddon.com/history/carmageddon-tdr-2000

Anyway, if you have a wishlist, what to put in the next installment head over to the forums and express your ideas like we did. Can't wait for it to be developed!

Definitively software rendering.
All that gore, flesh, blood, guts....holy mother of a ....

ps: ....DARY!

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]silversurfernhs[/nom]i have mixed feelings about software versus hardware in older games - what i mean by this is that back in the day everyone was pining for hardware acceleration to run in d3d or glide, and yes everything was smoother, better res, but looking back i almost prefer software rendering at times because games like og carma/ doom/ nukem 3d looked more grungy/ detailed in a way with software.plus it adds to the nostalgia value when playing them now days because sure, you could run zdoom or whatever duke @1920 w AA and blah blah - but when you run it like it was back on the old beige bucket, theres something special about itanybody else share this?[/citation]

exactly, back than 3d was in such infancy that it actually took detail away form the games.

before i got a dedicated gpu, i used all games in software, even after i got a gpu, older games i still played in software because they looked horrible accelerated.

silversurfernhs

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
[citation][nom]carmafan[/nom]what was that sarcasm at the last sentence?!?!!? I don't like it Mr. Kevin Parrish. Carmageddon 1,2 was LEGEN.........wait for it.@silversurfernhs all 3????? to my knowledge there was only 2 Carmageddon games. The Tdr2000 developed by Torus Games was a load of horseshit! Even the parent developers, Stainless won't talk about that piece of analvomit because it sucked monkey butt. Look here in their history section: carmageddon.com/history/carmageddon-tdr-2000Anyway, if you have a wishlist, what to put in the next installment head over to the forums and express your ideas like we did. Can't wait for it to be developed!Definitively software rendering.All that gore, flesh, blood, guts....holy mother of a ....ps: ....DARY![/citation]

Matter of fact 3 was what drew me into the series; i thought it was fantastic. Then i got the other 2 and stuck with 2 and 3 for quite a while, because the mod community was bitchin

carmageddon.com/history/carmageddon-tdr-2000

thats hilarious - but i never understood why it got such a bad rap, other than that yeah it wasn't so intense

on another note - i remember when the carma sites were announcing Crashday because it was supposed to be the next big thing in the spirit of carmageddon - that was a let down, but not so much as clutch, because it was kinda fun for a while

man those were the days, back when i was scrounging for hardware and upgrades and such to see what would get better fps...

Unreal/ UT99 was great in software too, though i stuck to d3d and opengl once goty came with s3tc textures and the community came up with the texture packs

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
i think the first game that i liked more in 3d than software was revolt. though i may be wrong. the other one that i know ran software was this nerf fps based on unreal tournament.

G

"To those who are about to die, we salut you!"

Best car game of XX.
Took the crown from Destruction Derby 2...

iamtheking123

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
I'd love to drive with my left hand on the keyboard and aim weapons with my mouse. While I don't think their reboot of the game will be earth shattering, it should be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.