My carpool will not arrive!

I get the message 'your carpool will arrive in an hour' but it doesn't come.
I have tried installing the patch but it didn't seem to help. One of the
reasons that this may have happened is that I moved the house in the
neighbourhood to a different location within the neighbourhood.

My family is reasonably wealthy, so moving them out and back into the same
lot (which I am very proud of) wouldn't be a problem but then moving them in
and buying back all the lost items would be a bummer. So I would prefer to
avoid that method.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Mike

let them ask someone you dont like to move in, then move the family out and
kill the "new" family member. If I am not totally wrong that should result
in a lot free to move them in again with all the objects remaining after the
other sims death ...
not sure though - try at your own risk
:O)

"Mike Less" <Mike@bigpond.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> My carpool will not arrive!
>
> I get the message 'your carpool will arrive in an hour' but it doesn't
> come.
> I have tried installing the patch but it didn't seem to help. One of the
> reasons that this may have happened is that I moved the house in the
> neighbourhood to a different location within the neighbourhood.
>
> My family is reasonably wealthy, so moving them out and back into the same
> lot (which I am very proud of) wouldn't be a problem but then moving them
> in
> and buying back all the lost items would be a bummer. So I would prefer to
> avoid that method.
>
> Any suggestions?
>

> Thanks
> Mike

If i move them out then what happens with the money? They have $92k, so will
they take it all with them? Also how do i move them all out at the same time
(four family members)? I dont know how this works. Its a nice theory
though....

Mike Less wrote:
> If i move them out then what happens with the money? They have $92k, so will
> they take it all with them? Also how do i move them all out at the same time
> (four family members)?

If you just move the family to the stock of sims (I don't know the real
name in English), you move the whole family at the same time together
with the value of the family. I think that the value of the family is
the house fund together with the value of the furnitures and the house.

The main problem is buying new furnitures for the home after moving in,
as the old furnitures was sold for a lot less than they were bought for.

Maybe a better solution might be getting a new job...

Best regards,
Boerge

Hello

I just tried both things - except the killing with one of my 'dud'
families...it didn't work so I tried getting them new jobs, but that also
didn't work. The funny thing was that the boy's school bus didn't even
arrive at its normal time. I moved them out via the neighbourhood screen and
moved them back in to see if it had any effect, but the same thing happened.
I moved them out and created a new family and moved them in, but no carpool
either - it was a pain to have to wait for so long till the carpool first
arrives (because when you first move in id doesn't arrive till the next day)
so I just kept it on speed number 3 till the right time, and no carpool!

(Sob) And just when I had my house the way I liked it... I am planning on
recreating it and perhaps making it better such as bigger bathrooms and a
fireplace.

Thanks

Mike

"Boerge Rahbech Jensen" <asdfasf@asdf.sd> wrote in message
> Mike Less wrote:
> > If i move them out then what happens with the money? They have $92k, so
will
> > they take it all with them? Also how do i move them all out at the same
time
> > (four family members)?
>
> If you just move the family to the stock of sims (I don't know the real
> name in English), you move the whole family at the same time together
> with the value of the family. I think that the value of the family is
> the house fund together with the value of the furnitures and the house.
>
> The main problem is buying new furnitures for the home after moving in,
> as the old furnitures was sold for a lot less than they were bought for.
>
> Maybe a better solution might be getting a new job...
>
> Best regards,
> Boerge

brewmaster

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2004

"Mike Less" <Mike@bigpond.com> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> I just tried both things - except the killing with one of my 'dud'
> families...it didn't work so I tried getting them new jobs, but that also
> didn't work. The funny thing was that the boy's school bus didn't even
> arrive at its normal time. I moved them out via the neighbourhood screen
and
> moved them back in to see if it had any effect, but the same thing
happened.
> I moved them out and created a new family and moved them in, but no
carpool
> either - it was a pain to have to wait for so long till the carpool first
> arrives (because when you first move in id doesn't arrive till the next
day)
> so I just kept it on speed number 3 till the right time, and no carpool!
>
> (Sob) And just when I had my house the way I liked it... I am planning on
> recreating it and perhaps making it better such as bigger bathrooms and a
> fireplace.

Have you downloaded a "communuty / buyable cars" hack? Or maybe you've got
it if you downloaded a new house. If so, thst is your problem. Just delete
that package file from the downloads folder