Somewhere in my many downloads of community lots I've gotten some car
hacks into my game. They're in parking lots in the community centers.
They're also available in the "Buy" mode of my game in the residential
setting, and I sometimes put one in a driveway next to a Sim home.

Now I want to put some in the parking lots of community centers other
than the ones I downloaded. Yet I can't find the cars in the objects
menu. In residential mode I know where they are (under decorations,
oddly!) but in the community lots I can't find them anywhere.

Anyone know where to go?

--
--Cuth

there is car hacks in the game ? anyone else knows where to find it ?

Cowly the Game player
Games I support

http://www.gamestotal.com
http://www.spacefederation.net
http://uc.gamestotal.com
http://aw.gamestotal.com
http://gc.gamestotal.com
http://mmorpg.gamestotal.com
http://3700ad.gamestotal.com
http://ballmonster.gamestotal.com
http://free_mmorpg.gamestotal.com
http://strategy_games.gamestotal.com
http://free_strategy_games.gamestotal.com

MTS2 had cars for residential & community lots. They were by Wintermutei
(not sure on the spelling, but search for threads started by Winter & you
should find them. I believe they work with Uni since I didn't download the
residential ones until I had already had Uni installed.

Chris

Chris O'Malley wrote:
> MTS2 had cars for residential & community lots. They were by
> Wintermutei (not sure on the spelling, but search for threads started
> by Winter & you should find them. I believe they work with Uni since
> I didn't download the residential ones until I had already had Uni
> installed.
>
> Chris

Be careful with them, though! I remember reading one thread at MTS2 about
cars that made your sims autonomously commit suicide.

Jeanie

Um, I think he is asking where in the game he would find the cars, since he
got them with community lots he downloaded :)

When in the community lot, try the misc button under everything.
That's where a lot of stuff I have gotten show up :)

> Chris O'Malley wrote:
> > MTS2 had cars for residential & community lots. They were by
> > Wintermutei (not sure on the spelling, but search for threads started
> > by Winter & you should find them. I believe they work with Uni since
> > I didn't download the residential ones until I had already had Uni
> > installed.
> >
> > Chris
>
> Be careful with them, though! I remember reading one thread at MTS2 about
> cars that made your sims autonomously commit suicide.
>
> Jeanie

Umm - wouldn't it be easier just to select them with the eyedropper tool -
that usually takes you to the right place in the catalogue.

Best wishes
Maxon

> Um, I think he is asking where in the game he would find the cars, since
he
> got them with community lots he downloaded :)
>
> When in the community lot, try the misc button under everything.
> That's where a lot of stuff I have gotten show up :)
>
> "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
> > Chris O'Malley wrote:
> > > MTS2 had cars for residential & community lots. They were by
> > > Wintermutei (not sure on the spelling, but search for threads started
> > > by Winter & you should find them. I believe they work with Uni since
> > > I didn't download the residential ones until I had already had Uni
> > > installed.
> > >
> > > Chris
> >
> > Be careful with them, though! I remember reading one thread at MTS2
about
> > cars that made your sims autonomously commit suicide.
> >
> > Jeanie

:)
It was quite a while before I actually knew you could do that with the
dropper. I knew about walls and floors, but not objects.
Good idea tho :)

Maxon wrote:
> Umm - wouldn't it be easier just to select them with the eyedropper tool -
> that usually takes you to the right place in the catalogue.

Hmmm...that's a good idea!

--
--Cuth

Bluegenie2 wrote:
> :)
> It was quite a while before I actually knew you could do that with the
> dropper. I knew about walls and floors, but not objects.
> Good idea tho :)

Good idea, but, alas, doesn't work.

When I click on the dropper over one of these cars, it doesn't register.
Any other object in the lot I can select, but the dropper just ignores
the cars. It's like they don't exist, even though they're sitting there
in the parking lot.

So I wonder how those lot designers got them there in the first place...

--
--Cuth

ooo - yes, that does sound a bit strange. We were originally going to get
cars for the sims to buy and drive to work but the implementation proved too
difficult in the time available before the game was released and they went
the same way as the weather. I'm still hoping they are going to turn up in
an expansion. Anyway, the point is, the coding and the meshes and textures
for the cars (and the weather) are still mostly there in the game. I
believe the hack to get at them is fairly straight-forward - at least the
meshes and the textures, as they're not driveable. I wonder if they are
there in your lots as the result of a hack and maybe you have to spawn them
or something? No wait - more obviously and an easier solution - I wonder if
the builder built a residential lot first and then changed the lot type by
using the changelotzoning command. This would explain why they're not in
your catalogue to buy on a commercial lot but are available on home lots.

There must be something about it over at Mod the Sims 2. I'd go over there
and search the site to see if there is any information.

Best wishes
Maxon

> Bluegenie2 wrote:
> > :)
> > It was quite a while before I actually knew you could do that with the
> > dropper. I knew about walls and floors, but not objects.
> > Good idea tho :)
>
> Good idea, but, alas, doesn't work.
>
> When I click on the dropper over one of these cars, it doesn't register.
> Any other object in the lot I can select, but the dropper just ignores
> the cars. It's like they don't exist, even though they're sitting there
> in the parking lot.
>
> So I wonder how those lot designers got them there in the first place...
>
> --
> --Cuth

aahz

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2005

I DLed "the spaceport", it had some cars in it, but I couldn't click on them
either. Finally, I clicked in front of them, and bingo! Turns out, they were
created from paintings, and thus had to be placed in front of walls. In
short, try the wall in front of the car...

Aahz wrote:
> I DLed "the spaceport", it had some cars in it, but I couldn't click on them
> either. Finally, I clicked in front of them, and bingo! Turns out, they were
> created from paintings, and thus had to be placed in front of walls. In
> short, try the wall in front of the car...

I'll try/ Thx.

--
--Cuth