[SOLVED] Cas latency will not change

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexTheFern

Notable
Jan 21, 2021
In BIOS, when i try to change the cas latency of my ram, it won't change. It will, however, save, and will say 15, but on the side, it will still say its at 16. The other memory timings will change fine.

Specs:
MSI Mag B550 Tomahawk
Crucial Ballistix 16gb 3200Mhz CL16 (currently 16-17-17-34) @ 1.35 V
CX750M

Solution
Try all to test. If the system refuses to boot then just clear your CMOS.
The command rate from 1T-2T can help. 1t means that the controller sends the command on one clock cycle, 2t means it sends it for two clock cycles. The end result is that running 2t instead of 1t is like adding 1 to nearly every ram timing. It's the number of cycles an instruction must be presented to assure that it’s read by the memory.

Is your Bios up to date?
The command rate from 1T-2T can help. 1t means that the controller sends the command on one clock cycle, 2t means it sends it for two clock cycles. The end result is that running 2t instead of 1t is like adding 1 to nearly every ram timing. It's the number of cycles an instruction must be presented to assure that it’s read by the memory.

Is your Bios up to date?

Last edited:
Solution

AlexTheFern

Notable
Jan 21, 2021

Is your Bios up to date?
I updated BIOS and it worked!

Status
Not open for further replies.