(CAS2?) Memory brands in the Netherlands?

G

Anyone heard of the Kingston or Major 3rd brands? Are they better for overclocking than regular (cheap) Dimms?

I saw some corsair or whatever CAS2 128Mb PC133 Dimm here which was priced three times as expensive as a normal 128 PC133 Dimm...

Anyone in the Netherlands... help?

I want some cheap FAST memory, but no one over here seems to sell it for a reasonable price... i want 128Mb CAS2 Dimms.

G

Hi Arien,

I live in Noord-Holland and i looked all over the country for decent RAM for my Asus a7v. Most hardware vendors are not even aware of the difference between cas2/3.
Look at www.crucial.com, they sell very good memory on-line.
marco

G

They don´t even know what brand it is, they could only tell me that it wasn´t any of the brands i asked them. I gave them a list of the faster dimm brands, and they told me they didn´t have any of those..

So, i guess i need a creditcard, order overseas, or else i´m stuck with no-brand-dimms i guess.
But the 128Mb PC133 dimms cost about 90 Euro now at www.computer-land.nl so i think i am going for those and spend the cash i save on something else..

G

There's a reason why A-brand memory like Corsair is more expensive than brandless Taiwanese stuff. Too bad that even Tom doesn't look into that...
Corsair is sold in the Netherlands by Auton Rijnsburg and Aubade (yep that's us). It's expensive but extremely good. Also warranty and guarantee are what you might expect from such an expensive module. If you don't want to pay for such properties, then that's your good right. But then you better not post mails saying "i want good stable memory, with advanced features like CAS2". You can't expect to drive a Mercedes for the price of a Lada...

"I'm a stream of noughts and crosses in your R.A.M."

TRENDING THREADS