[SOLVED] Case advice & suggestions for new build please.

Jan 18, 2022
I'm looking for a mid-tower case for my forthcoming first build and would like some advice / suggestions please. With this being my first build I'm finding that choosing the ideal case is quite difficult!

Ideal features (but willing to accept alternative options):
Price range around £75 but will go up to around £100 if necessary.
Mesh front / dust filters.
Front panel I/O (as opposed to a top panel).
Glass side panel .
USB type C on the front panel would be a bonus (I know these are pretty rare atm).

MB: Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4 (ATX).
GPU: Gigabyte Aorus Master 3070Ti (324mm x 70mm x 142mm, L x W x H)
Cooler: Dark Rock Pro / Pro 4 (146mm x 136mm x 163mm, L x W x H).

I would like some play with regards to component sizes (in bold) so I would guess an additional 15-25mm to avoid leaving anything to chance.

I have read that many cases only come with 3-pin pre-installed fans. From what I can tell this means that they have no speed regulation and will constantly be running at full power. Is this a bad thing and what would I need to make them compatible with my board? How many case fans should I get?

Any help, advice or suggestions appreciated.

3 should be fine. In theory you could always fill every fan hole but I would say 3 should be fine. You can always buy more if you think there's a problem. As for the speed regulation, there are lots of software based solutions to handle fan speed (including motherboard bios) so you should be able to set them so they are not full tilt

Pricing will be tough (for me since I'm USA), and honestly your feature list does severely limit options. I'll give some options but they will probably not have all the features you're looking for

• Phanteks Eclipse P300A -Has a mesh front and glass side panel though missing front panel I/O and USB-C.
  • Corsair 4000D - Might be pushing the budget but can get you mesh front, glass side panel, front I/O and USB-C
  • NZXT H510 - Glass side panel, USB-C front I/O, but top I/O and mesh front is debatable
Can't really give prices due to regional differences but hopefully that can help your search a little bit

Reactions: Safester

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Last edited:
Reactions: Safester
Solution