Dec 7, 2020
Need some advice for case air flow. I have 3 fans on my AIO top mounter pulling air into the case (Case>Rad>Fans). 1 intake fan in the back. My Rad tubes are not log enough to front mount with the tubes coming from the bottom of the Rad (tubes on bottom are recommended for air bubble issues). 3 exhaust fans in the front. Overall the CFM is about 20 higher intake than exhaust. GPU temps are good under load it seems, in the 60s max 70c. But my 5900x is getting up to 80c when playing PUBG. I was thinking about flipping all my fans around but idk if it will help and then the exhaust will be 20 CFM higher. Please help and thank you.

Case: Phanteks P600S
Read Intake Fan: 1 Arctic P12 PWM
Front Exhaust Fans: 3 Phanteks PH-F140MP
CPU: 5900X
AIO: EVGA CLC 360 (Replaced fans with Arctic P12 PWM)
GPU: 6800XT

Last edited:
Solution
that should be okay, i meant fine filters. I wouldn't remove front of case

if you ever use front as an intake you might want to use that magnetic dust filter between fan and front as that wouldn't stop much dust getting in.

Colif

Win 11 Master
you might find it cooler to put aio in front of case with fans on pull and have maybe 2 exhaust fans max. You don't want exhaust on front of case especially since its closed off, better to exhaust out rear or top.

Dec 7, 2020
you might find it cooler to put aio in front of case with fans on pull and have maybe 2 exhaust fans max. You don't want exhaust on front of case especially since its closed off, better to exhaust out rear or top.
Thank you. So I wanted to front mount but the recommended way is to have the tubes at the bottom or the rad for air bubble reasons. My rad tubes were not log enough to do that so I top mounted it. I do have the front and top magnetic covers removed from the case so the air flow should not be restricted.

You have the means to experiment and see how you do.
The key is to get heated air OUT of the case.
You also have a hot graphics card to deal with.

I suspect that mounting the radiator on top exhausting air would be better.
Use the two 140mm fans as intakes.
120mm rear exhaust.
That will get air to flow over the motherboard, graphics card and towards the radiator and out.

For best cpu cooling at the expense of graphics cooling, mount the radiator as intake in the front with top and rear as exhausts.
It is uncertain which option would be better.
It is a bit of a pain, but try them both.

Dec 7, 2020
You have the means to experiment and see how you do.
The key is to get heated air OUT of the case.
You also have a hot graphics card to deal with.

I suspect that mounting the radiator on top exhausting air would be better.
Use the two 140mm fans as intakes.
120mm rear exhaust.
That will get air to flow over the motherboard, graphics card and towards the radiator and out.

For best cpu cooling at the expense of graphics cooling, mount the radiator as intake in the front with top and rear as exhausts.
It is uncertain which option would be better.
It is a bit of a pain, but try them both.
Thank you. So I wanted to front mount but the recommended way is to have the tubes at the bottom or the rad for air bubble reasons. My rad tubes were not log enough to do that so I top mounted it.

Colif

Win 11 Master
i would make rear an exhaust, at very least it would mean less dust in PC. and remove one of the exhausts at front...

does case have filters on front? you don't want filters in front of exhaust fans as you don't want to keep dust in the PC, you want it out.

Dec 7, 2020
i would make rear an exhaust, at very least it would mean less dust in PC. and remove one of the exhausts at front...

does case have filters on front? you don't want filters in front of exhaust fans as you don't want to keep dust in the PC, you want it out.
The case has some mesh filters on the front and top. I also bought some magnetic mesh filters

Colif

Win 11 Master

if you ever use front as an intake you might want to use that magnetic dust filter between fan and front as that wouldn't stop much dust getting in.

Solution
Dec 7, 2020

Ok, sounds good. I'm gonna try to front mount my Rad again. My friends just gave me the idea to put the fans pushing into the Rad from the front to give me an extra 1.5 - 2 inches to make my tubes possibly fit.

Dec 7, 2020

I front mounted the Rad like I wanted. Have 4 exhaust fans, 3 top and 1 in back. Getting 69c on the CPU while gaming PUBG and 65c in a 3DMark test. Getting 57c on the GPU while gaming PUBG and 64c in 3DMark. Much better temps overall! The AIO tube are a little snug but I think it should be fine

TRENDING THREADS