Case Airflow help

spcshprdr

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016
Hi guys, I am using a NZXT H230 for my soon to be first build. I haven't ordered some parts including additional fans. My case supports 2x120mm fans in the front, 1 120mm in the back and one more on the bottom. My heatsink of choice is the CMH T4. Unfortunately, the direction of the airflow can't be changed and the heatsink fan will be vertical rather than horizontal. I read in the 101 airflow guide that you should have more exhaust than intake fans. How should i configure my case so that this is possible and what fans should I get?

Solution
2 fans in front blowing into your case, 1 fan on bottom blowing up, into the case, hot air rises, cold air sinks.

Exauhst fan should be blowing outwards, the psu will have a fan that blows exauhst aswell.

Anything towards the top, make it an exauhst. Blow the hot air that rises out, replacing with the cooler air from the bottom, proper case flow will pull this cold air.

bailojustin

Distinguished
2 fans in front blowing into your case, 1 fan on bottom blowing up, into the case, hot air rises, cold air sinks.

Exauhst fan should be blowing outwards, the psu will have a fan that blows exauhst aswell.

Anything towards the top, make it an exauhst. Blow the hot air that rises out, replacing with the cooler air from the bottom, proper case flow will pull this cold air.

Solution