Case and build advice/opinions needed

Jun 25, 2018
Hi, so I've been working on a high end build for the past few weeks and I have a few questions. This was my first build so please, bare with me. I want everything to be compatible and work as well as I've hoped.
My first question is regarding my case and case fans. This is the case that I have picked out, Corsair - 750D ATX Full Tower Case https://pcpartpicker.com/product/BKW9TW/corsair-case-750d . It comes with 3 fans, but I don't believe that is enough. How many more should I purchase, as well as the size and such to keep my computer cool? (Also where should I put them)
Also, please suggest edits to this part list for I'm really hoping that it will work as well as I want it to. I'm already spending a lot of money and I don't want it to be a waste :p
This is my build, https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tBCyFt

luckymatt42

Upstanding
May 23, 2018
The 3 fans will most likely be pretty good, you may want to just start with them especially on your first build. You won't know how much of an improvement you will get unless you at least try the stock configuration first.

Corsair makes some pretty decent fans. And if you find that those fans aren't keeping the system as cool as you would like after a couple weeks, you could try changing or adding fans then. Waiting a few days for Amazon to deliver some fans isn't like waiting on them to deliver a power supply...meaning you can still run your rig perfectly fine while you wait for the new ones.

luckymatt42

Upstanding
May 23, 2018

That is between you and your wallet...but with that enormous AIO cooler working on the cpu (and you can keep the stock fans on that also), I think you'll be pretty good with the stock fans. Again, case fans are dead easy to replace or upgrade later.

luckymatt42

Upstanding
May 23, 2018

There's no need for insults. He's a new builder asking good questions. Not everyone is born with this information.

luckymatt42

Upstanding
May 23, 2018

It won't cause problems with stability or FPS or anything, but it may affect power efficiency. Very, very generally speaking, a power supply is less efficient while it is at a low percentage of it's total output. Even that is not a huge issue, but may actually reduce the life of your PSU by a small amount.

Unless you plan on going dual-gpu or something more power hungry, stick with the 750 or below range.

TRENDING THREADS