Build Advice Case and Cooling for my system

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Nothing wrong with what you have, except for 3 things.
Storage is a little limited, you have no alternate drive for backup, I'd suggest a cheap 1Tb hdd to throw all the junk on that you don't regularly use, and for backup files/img etc.
For that system, as good as that Seasonic is, it's not really intended for top line Intel usage, it's a group regulated psu, you'd be far better of with a Seasonic Focus, Corsair RMx, Evga G2 or similar DC to DC psu, that are usually Gold rated. You'll have a lot of money invested in the pc, the extra $20-$30 is very cheap insurance for the next 10 or so years.
That cpu needs a cooler, there is no stock cooler, so you'll need to decide on one according to the level of abuse you intend for the cpu.
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel - Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor (£364.73 @ Amazon UK)
CPU Cooler: NZXT - Kraken X52 Rev 2 73.11 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (£109.45 @ Box Limited)
Motherboard: MSI - MPG Z390 GAMING EDGE AC ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (£138.98 @ Box Limited)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
Storage: Intel - 660p Series 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive (£97.27 @ CCL Computers)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£35.00 @ Amazon UK)
Video Card: Asus - GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB ROG Strix Gaming OC Video Card (£809.72 @ Amazon UK)
Case: NZXT - H500i ATX Mid Tower Case (£99.97 @ Box Limited)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (£85.47 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £1740.59
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-27 16:42 BST+0100

The H500i has built in RGB lighting controlled by the same CAM software as used by the cpu cooler. £20 more gets the X62, a 280mm rad instead of the 240mm rad, if that's what you'll need for maximizing OC, lengthy renders, full 4k video edit etc.

Last edited:
May 24, 2019
Nothing wrong with what you have, except for 3 things.
Storage is a little limited, you have no alternate drive for backup, I'd suggest a cheap 1Tb hdd to throw all the junk on that you don't regularly use, and for backup files/img etc.
For that system, as good as that Seasonic is, it's not really intended for top line Intel usage, it's a group regulated psu, you'd be far better of with a Seasonic Focus, Corsair RMx, Evga G2 or similar DC to DC psu, that are usually Gold rated. You'll have a lot of money invested in the pc, the extra $20-$30 is very cheap insurance for the next 10 or so years.
That cpu needs a cooler, there is no stock cooler, so you'll need to decide on one according to the level of abuse you intend for the cpu.
Alright, i'll update the PSU and add a HDD. Do you think that a Corsair AIO H100I cooler would do for gaming and live streaming? New link: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/dCL8pG