[SOLVED] Case and SATA Drive Issue with Installation!

Mar 19, 2020
Greetings,

I am in the process of installing my SATA drives, but I am noticing some loose odds and ends about the installation. First of all, my drive was not delivered alongside the arm mounts.. I am not sure if that’s because I needed to buy it separately due to the manufacturer, or if it was supposed to have come with the motherboard (I doubt). I am aware that not all drives need to come with mounts, however:

The bulk of my problem is, the fact that because there is no mount, the SATA drive sits loosely on my case. In addition, I am forced to plugin the connectors of the SATA drive at an unusual angle. This is because the wires cannot squeeze through the tiny preinstalled (SATA) wire slots from within the case unless it sits horizontally of the mounting position (as opposed to the normal vertical position fitted for the drive). But that just seems rather off. Thoughts?

Roll over image to zoom in WD Blue 2TB PC Hard Drive - 5400 RPM Class, SATA 6 Gb/s, 256 MB Cache, 3.5" - WD20EZAZ

Phanteks Pro M Series (PH-ES515PTG_BK) Tempered Glass ATX Mid Tower Case, Black by Phanteks

In the photos below, you will see that the hard drive is positioned properly. This is how I assume it is supposed to look. However, with my issues I am forced to position the drive within the case slot in a horizontal position as opposed to the normal vertical fit.

pmAHFZ1Sj

pmdPqMZ5j

pmZNJb7Vj
po61ZQCSj

po61ZQCSj