Case Clash Tournament

Xilo

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013
Hi,

For my PC build, I wanted a very nice case for sub-$120. The specifications that I want are as follows:

-Sleek design (just for funzies)

-Great ventilation (meaning wider fans, and more exhaust fans than intake fans).
- Front USB Ports (I can manage with the mother board ports if I don't have enough)

- Fan control (just a nice feature)

-Dust filters (and lots. Dust is a silent killer of PC's. I analogize this like how Carbon Monoxide is to us).

-Size-y (meaning good enough space for cable management and GPUs, but not too big to hamper airflow).

-Budget-y (if it goes over $120 I'm flexible with that, but below $120 is prefered).

Now for the Competitors:

Rosewill Blackhawk:
+Get's my vote
+5 fans!!!
+6 front USB (2 are 3.0)
+Sleek design
-Tight (of course. It's a mid-tower)

Corsair Carbide 500R/400R:
+Large
+Huge exhaust fan
+sleek
-Less USB ports
-Overpriced a bit
Fractal Design R4:
+Sound reduction material
-Less airflow (covered case)
-Too small IMO
-Overpriced a bit

Cooler Master Haf 922
+Awesome exhaustion
-Smaller
-Less USB Ports

Cooler Master HAF 932
+Great size
+Awesome airflow
+6 USB Ports
-Expensive (only a little bit)

Rosewill Thor V2:
+Awesome ventilation
+Full tower that is cheaper than Corsair 500R
+cool Volume-controller-like Fan controller

Corsair Obsidian:
???

AZZA Genesis 9000:
+HUGE (might be a disadvantage)
+5 fans
+interesting reversed motherboard layout
+Dust filter crazy
+sleek
-Expensive (really)

My vote goes to the Rosewill Blackhawk (or the HAF 932) because of its fan count and No. of ports for only $90.

But I seriously want input on which is the best case, and I'm willing to switch my vote if I'm persuaded. Thanks!

**EDIT**: ADDED CM Storm Stryker:
+Cool HDD Ventilation system
+Carrying handle
+SLEEK LOOKING (SERIOUSLY)
-Overpriced

CM Storm Enforcer:
+Decent ventilation for $80
+Sleek

Solution
G
G

CM HAF X OR HAF 932
CM Stryker
600T
CM Stryker
Corsair Obsidian 800D
NZXT Phantom
Silverstone Raven RV-03
Corsair Carbide Series 500R
NZXT SWITCH 810
Thermaltake Chaser MK-I

your choice, but i would choose the 600t

Xilo

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013

Great choices, but the ones that are listed above fit my budget pretty well. For example, the 600T is at least $140, for a mid tower, something that I might consider overpriced. However, the turnable fan controller is nice. Also the Obsidian series is usually beat by another case in terms for value to performance, so I questioned my inclusion of the Obsidian Series in my post. If you could pick any from the lisy, however, which would you pick, and why?

Xilo

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013

True that, but for full towers, it will take air longer to reach the exhaust or take in cooler air like mid-towers due to their size. Cable management is nice however.

G

either the stryker or the haf 932 or the blackhawk(932 is slightly better imo), your choice between the three. why? they look okay and the stryker looks very nice, they have lots of fan slots and they are quite roomy, but not too big.

Xilo

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013

Do you have a heirarchy of all 3 of them for which you think is the best? Which do you think is the best for it's price point?

HAF 932: $130 (for now)
Black Hawk: $90
Stryker/Trooper: $140-160 (is the extra cash worth it?)

G

HAF 932
Black Hawk
Stryker
best for the price point is haf 932 tied with black hawk. I only choose the stryker if you wanted something that looked good. the haf 932 has high airflow, so cold air can go everywhere quickly

Xilo

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013

That's awesome! But do you have an opinion about the RoseWill Thor V2? It was nominated by Maximum P 9 for literally the coolest case

G

It's a pretty good case with 4 fans, but it has no ventilation.
You'll be happy with both the rosewill thor v2, rosewill black hawk and the haf 932(which is still the best, due to its unparalleled cooling system).

Solution

TRENDING THREADS