Case Cooling Help!

Ethan Knight

Honorable
May 8, 2016
Hey guys, I will probably be purchasing a CPU cooler (CoolChip HPC specifically). I'm going for a near dead silent build, so max of 28 dB, and it will dissipate ~40 degrees C at that speed.

So my main question is this: Should I go for the i5 6500, 6600, or 6600K? And will an M.2 SSD affect my case temperature a lot in this case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16811854026

I just need to know if the price gap and jump from 65W to 91W is worth it.

If any of the above is unclear please ask me to clarify, I'm not sure I explained it too terribly well...

Thanks guys!

EDIT: I will be having 2 seperate systems in here, I need to account for 2 CPUs and 2 M.2 SSDs.

Solution
the 6600k is really suited to overclocking--overclocking though does produce more heat

but since thats a phanteks case even if its a small case it probably deals with the heat well

turbo boost is sort of like intels built in over clock --though not a very big one and depends on

Type of workload
Number of active cores
Estimated current consumption
Estimated power consumption
Processor temperature

Ethan Knight

Honorable
May 8, 2016

I will be getting the Intel 600p in small sizes for the purpose of not having to mount them, I was just worried about temps, and would getting the 6600K future proof it any or would I be wanting an upgrade around the same time?

Oh and I know I didn't ask this initially but what's Intel Turbo boost?

the 6600k is really suited to overclocking--overclocking though does produce more heat

but since thats a phanteks case even if its a small case it probably deals with the heat well

turbo boost is sort of like intels built in over clock --though not a very big one and depends on

Type of workload
Number of active cores
Estimated current consumption
Estimated power consumption
Processor temperature

Solution