[SOLVED] Case cooling on b450m pro4

Nov 21, 2020
So I want to put my ASRock B450m Pro4 in a new case (Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB) and was wondering about
the cooling situation. I want to buy a 360mm AIO (Deepcool Castle 360RGB V2) and four 140mm case fans (Phanteks SK PWM D-RGB).
I was wondering if the fan headers on my motherboard are sufficient and if not if I can get around that with header splitters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

The motherboard has 6 fan headers in total with all of them having support for PWM fans. The DRGB will plug into your addressable RGB header that located at the bottom of the motherboard, near the front panel audio connector.

As for the fans and how they should connect to the board, the splitter off the AIO will handle the 3 fans on the radiator. The other fans can be on their standalone PWM fan hub, like that made by Phanteks or you can have a PWM fan splitter on one of the fan headers on the board. I would prefer hubs, if it means eliminating unnecessary cabling.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

The motherboard has 6 fan headers in total with all of them having support for PWM fans. The DRGB will plug into your addressable RGB header that located at the bottom of the motherboard, near the front panel audio connector.

As for the fans and how they should connect to the board, the splitter off the AIO will handle the 3 fans on the radiator. The other fans can be on their standalone PWM fan hub, like that made by Phanteks or you can have a PWM fan splitter on one of the fan headers on the board. I would prefer hubs, if it means eliminating unnecessary cabling.

Solution
Apr 7, 2020
My Gigabyte A320M has only one sysfan header so I bought a small hub thingy that has 5 headers on it. Now 4 of my case fans are running on that one header and they are just as powerful.

TRENDING THREADS