• Corsair H100i

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NZXT Kraken x60

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Sean Peterson

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013
Hey everyone so I've got some choices to do on my new system im working on..
Currently This is my parts list:

• Case: NZXT Source 530
    Motherboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula-Z
    CPU: AMD FX-9370
    GPU: EVGA GTX 760 SuperClocked
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB
    Storage: 2 * 2TB Western Digital Caviar Blue HDD / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD

Accessories: NZXT HUE + NZXT Sentry 2
As you can probably tell, I am a huge believer in NZXT products..

So anyways, I already have most parts/components yet I have a question on cooling..
1. Should I go with the Corsair H100i or the NZXT Kraken x60 for cooling purposes?
2. My case (Full Tower for $89.99 DAMN) I have up to 9 fan slots, I can either do 2 120mm in the front 2 140mm on front OR 1 200mm fan in the front.. I have a 800w PSU so I should have more than enough wattage.. Anyways can you guys give your opinion on my cooling options and if I should go the 200mm fan route?

animal

Distinguished
As far as cooling for your CPU: check out Frostytech's listing here:

http://www.frostytech.com/top5heatsinks.cfm (Intel cooling is at top of page, AMD on bottom)

The number and size of fans you choose will depend on how quiet you want your build to be. Larger fans generally move the same (or more) air than smaller fans while operating at lower RPMs, thus allowing them to run quieter. Myself, I would go with a single 200mm fan on the front intake. The same goes for any others you plan on installing, use the largest size option available for additional fan locations. And remember, Front, Side and Bottom are usually intakes, while Top and Rear are usually exhausts.

Typolo

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013
The corsair cooler cools a little bit better, but if you love NZXT, the glowing NZXT logo would look pretty awesome from the side panel window :)
Either will cool very well.

As to point two I would go dual 140s or the 200. which ever is cheaper for the performance. A 200mm fan has 102% of the surface area of 2 140s. So you would need the same rpms to get essentially the same volume of air through.

Sean Peterson

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013

Thanks so much for the advice, you to Typolo I figured the glowing would look pretty BA after I unstall my Hue adjuster :D