[SOLVED] Case doesnt recognise mic

Fire&Cold

Reputable
Sep 6, 2019
Hey there! Recently I reinstalled the Windows(clean install) and pluged in the mobile headphones in the front of the case(in headphone plug, not mic one) but I cant use the mic along headphones. I installed Realtek HD Audio Manager but cant make it works. Should I unninstall the realtek and use Windows default one? Any help is appreciated! Sorry if its in the wrong thread!

My motherboard is a ASUS H97M-E.

Last edited:
Solution
yes it's possible the connector to the board needs HD audio type and your case only uses AC97 connector, some have both - might be worth checking out if the connectors on the rear do work and not the case front panel...

Also read the phone/earbud types need extra circuitry in the phone to use the play/pause and track fwd/reverse keys so that may also make it not work normally for PC use
Normal, the output connector is only TRS, not TRRS that is needed for both output and input on the same plug like for phones. TRRS is common on newer laptops but not desktop PC cases. There are adapters to split TRRS into 2 x TRS mic/audio connectors that may work.

Fire&Cold

Reputable
Sep 6, 2019
Normal, the output connector is only TRS, not TRRS that is needed for both output and input on the same plug like for phones. TRRS is common on newer laptops but not desktop PC cases. There are adapters to split TRRS into 2 x TRS mic/audio connectors that may work.
I tried with some headphones which has both mic&audio jacks but can't make them work either. I mean, I can hear on them and on recording tab on windows 10 sounds there seems to work the microphone but isn't detected by program. Can be the case fault? Thanks!

yes it's possible the connector to the board needs HD audio type and your case only uses AC97 connector, some have both - might be worth checking out if the connectors on the rear do work and not the case front panel...

Also read the phone/earbud types need extra circuitry in the phone to use the play/pause and track fwd/reverse keys so that may also make it not work normally for PC use

Solution