Case fan noise

newatpcbuilding

Commendable
Jun 4, 2017
So i'm looking at the CM silencio fp120 and it says it's 11 db loud, price is 8,5€. The NZXT fz-120 is 2€ more expensive but it says it's 26 dbA. Which is more quiet and for how much? And if anyone owns the NZXT fans, what do you think about them?

Solution
hmm presumably the cool master is more energy efficient because it moves less air through the pc which explains why it might last longer and why its more silent. as to the cheaper question it could be for a whole range of reasons that i won't even try to explain
it basically a trade off. do you want
- cooler computer, louder computer and a fan with less life
- slightly hotter computer, quieter and a fan with more life
different brands have different techniques and suppliers but its always good to beware of budget items

newatpcbuilding

Commendable
Jun 4, 2017

Do you want to say loudness isn't the thing is should be worried about or do you want to know max rpm of the fans?

ComputerGeek21

Honorable
Aug 5, 2017
the fact that the nzxt moves more air is probably why its also nosier. i'm presuming that the nzxt is larger or has a more complex fan than the coolmaster.
now you need to choose if you want a cooler pc or a noisier pc

newatpcbuilding

Commendable
Jun 4, 2017

Ok but i just don't get it how can the cooler master be cheaper, 4x more lifetime, more silent... Where's the catch?

ComputerGeek21

Honorable
Aug 5, 2017
hmm presumably the cool master is more energy efficient because it moves less air through the pc which explains why it might last longer and why its more silent. as to the cheaper question it could be for a whole range of reasons that i won't even try to explain
it basically a trade off. do you want
- cooler computer, louder computer and a fan with less life
- slightly hotter computer, quieter and a fan with more life
different brands have different techniques and suppliers but its always good to beware of budget items

Solution