[SOLVED] Case Fan Not Spinning

Jun 7, 2021
Hi everyone,

I recently noticed that my case fan had stopped spinning despite the RGB working properly, even under heavy load(eg training ML models or playing titles like Assetto Corsa). I assumed the motor had an issue, and picked up another fan, which didn't work either. I have tried on both the PSU and the MB header, and neither work. I have even tried setting the BIOS system fan setting to "Full Speed", and even this seems to not help my issue. What could be the problem here?

Solution
The PSU already had a connection for the fan as I had not built the entire PC, so that was pre-done. The first fan used to work before using the same.

The fan header could be temperature controlled, it won't work unless the sensor detects some heat.

Not sure about your PSU but my PSU also have 2 fan header and both are temperature controlled, in normal usage the fans turn very slowly. Some PSU might cut the power off as well.

You can try your fans directly on any of the cables if you have a Molex or SATA to 3-pin fan header, the fans should spin at full speed while being connected directly to the power cable.
The PSU already had a connection for the fan as I had not built the entire PC, so that was pre-done. The first fan used to work before using the same.

The fan header could be temperature controlled, it won't work unless the sensor detects some heat.

Not sure about your PSU but my PSU also have 2 fan header and both are temperature controlled, in normal usage the fans turn very slowly. Some PSU might cut the power off as well.

You can try your fans directly on any of the cables if you have a Molex or SATA to 3-pin fan header, the fans should spin at full speed while being connected directly to the power cable.

Solution
Jun 7, 2021

I will get one of those cables and try it out, thanks a lot.