[SOLVED] case fan problems

slicerm1

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2013
I recently built a new PC and overall it has been a good experience with little issues. The only problem that I have come across is that the 3 front case fans do not work. I tracked the wires back to the connector on the case that connects them all together and plugs into a 4 pin power connector (sorry i'm not sure on all of the terminology). I'm assuming that the connector thing the fans are connected to is broken or something because there is no power going into the fans when it is hooked up to the power supply. I recently plugged in 2 of the case fans to my motherboard (and they work) and was wondering if I would be allowed to plug a case fan into the AIO Pump plug on the motherboard? I'm not 100% sure if the power going into it will break the fan or short something so I didn't want to go plugging things in randomly, but the pins are basically the same as the case fan pins on the motherboard. So is it ok to do that or is there a fix to make the connector that connects the 3 fans together work? (Again I'm sorry that I'm not being very specific with the terminology here)

Solution
Welp... I just gave up on the whole connector thing and plugged my fans into the AIO Pump pins and the CPU fan pins on the motherboard and it all works in the end. So now I got it all working.

Dashman9000

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
What is the manufacturer of the case / fans? If the fans were included with the case most likely their is a controller that all of the fans connect to somewhere inside the case that usually requires a dedicated power input from your power supply.

Dashman9000

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
I would bet that you need a 12V cable from your PSU to the controller to operate the fans. Look on the right side panel of the case, there has got to be a I/O box that all of the fans connect into....there should be a labeled slot within that module to provide power to the controller and fans. Go back through your documentation for the case one more time.

slicerm1

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2013
What is the manufacturer of the case / fans? If the fans were included with the case most likely their is a controller that all of the fans connect to somewhere inside the case that usually requires a dedicated power input from your power supply.
The case fans are also Rosewill fans and they are all connected to one point that is a connector for all of them and I did plug the connector into a cable that goes into the power supply. My main issue is that it isnt powering the fans. I dont know what the problem is with it. I was assuming it is the connector that is broken because the fans work when plugged into the motherboard.

slicerm1

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2013
Welp... I just gave up on the whole connector thing and plugged my fans into the AIO Pump pins and the CPU fan pins on the motherboard and it all works in the end. So now I got it all working.

Solution

Dashman9000

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
I'm not sure if the same as exact case as yours, but given the description of the case the images on Amazon and Newegg are showing a fan control switch on the top of the case...pics show the switch to the furthermost left on the top.

11-147-226-19.jpg

TRENDING THREADS