[SOLVED] Case fan question

Fire&Cold

Reputable
Sep 6, 2019
My case have space for 1 fan in the back(and from my measurement, there is 88mm between the holes). I didn't find any 88mm fan. What fan should I get? Could I be able to install 92mm fan? Thank you!

Solution
My motherboard is a H97M-E. So, I won't do any OC. Just the turbo speed and that's all. I think about 4790 too but I care about stock speed more. My gpu is a gtx 1060 6gb so don't know when I will upgrade my gpu too. So, what do you think, should I upgrade to current motherboard or
make an upgrade when Comet Lake come out.
If you can live with your current pc until comet lake comes out I would wait. Why spend more money than you have to. You have waited long enough for a better computer. Treat yourself to a brand new one.:D
This is how you measure. Horizontally or vertically, not diagonally.

Screw hole spacings and fan sizes
32mm between screw holes 40mm fan size
40mm between screw holes 50mm fan size
50mm between screw holes 60mm fan size
60mm between screw holes 70mm fan size
72mm between screw holes 80mm fan size
83mm between screw holes 92mm fan size
105mm between screw holes 120mm fan size

Last edited:

Fire&Cold

Reputable
Sep 6, 2019
Measure from the center of the mounting hole to the center of the next mounting hole vertically, or horizontally. What does it come up with?
82mm. So, I will get a 92mm fan. My pc an old one with i3 4170, can't remember the name exactly but I don't think the case is from a trusted manufacturer, seems cheap but good enough for my needs(survived for 5 years btw). Some days ago think about buy an i7 4790k used because didn't wanted to change the entire motherboard but I guess I will wait until Comet Lake is released and then hope to make a significant upgrade to i5 or i7.

Last edited:
82mm. So, I will get a 92mm fan. My pc an old one with i3 4170, can't remember the name exactly but I don't think the case is from a trusted manufacturer, seems cheap but good enough for my needs(survived for 5 years btw). Some days ago think about buy an i7 4790k used because didn't wanted to change the entire motherboard but I guess I will wait until Comet Lake is released and then hope to make a significant upgrade to i5 or i7.
Good glad we cleared up the measurement. 4790K is currently what I am using with a liquid cooler, gtx 1080 and 16gb 2400mhz ram. I play any and all aaa games at 1080 at ultra resolution no problems. 4790K is a very powerful cpu and can be/is overclocked to 4.7 no problem with cooling. (And proper motherboard) What motherboard do you have?

Fire&Cold

Reputable
Sep 6, 2019
Good glad we cleared up the measurement. 4790K is currently what I am using with a liquid cooler, gtx 1080 and 16gb 2400mhz ram. I play any and all aaa games at 1080 at ultra resolution no problems. 4790K is a very powerful cpu and can be/is overclocked to 4.7 no problem with cooling. (And proper motherboard) What motherboard do you have?
My motherboard is a H97M-E. So, I won't do any OC. Just the turbo speed and that's all. I think about 4790 too but I care about stock speed more. My gpu is a gtx 1060 6gb so don't know when I will upgrade my gpu too. So, what do you think, should I upgrade to current motherboard or

If you can live with your current pc until comet lake comes out I would wait. Why spend more money than you have to. You have waited long enough for a better computer. Treat yourself to a brand new one.:D

Reactions: Fire&Cold
Solution