Case fan setup help

Frenchiee

Prominent
Jun 24, 2017
I am quite a newbie in building computers but I noticed the other day the company who I bought much computer didn't connect a case fan in any way. Not sure what fan it is as it's tucked away in panelling.
The fan has these connectors : http://i.imgur.com/PuZf9Mt.jpg
With no where on MoBo to connect.
However, the PSU has these that seem to have no other use: http://imgur.com/5FsZ3Ak
But when I plug this into my sys_fan port and try boot my system the cpu fan jolts and doesn't boot. Please help, thanks!

Solution
If you plug the male part of that 2-headed white connector into the black female output from the PSU and yout fan still does not turn on, then the fan itself is not connected to those white items properly. We are assuming, of course, that the fan is supposed to be connected to them somehow. I guess you'll need to look harder and try to find the wires from the fan that are supposed to be plugged in somewhere. Can you tell us what case you hae? Maybe that will give us useful info. For example, some cases have a few controls of their own for fans, but may require that the fan(s) be plugged into an odd place.

You plug what into sys_fan port?
This? That's floppy power connector. You're shorting out your motherboard and most certainly damaging it.
Can't you see, that it's not supposed to go there?
floppy.JPG

5FsZ3Ak.jpg

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
SktNetRising is exactly right. UNPLUG that smaller 4-hole connector immediately! It is ONLY to supply power to a 3" floppy diskl drive, which I bet you don't even have. So it should NOT plug into anything.

Plug the male (with pins inside the shroud) white connector from your fan into the female larger black connector from your PSU.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
If you plug the male part of that 2-headed white connector into the black female output from the PSU and yout fan still does not turn on, then the fan itself is not connected to those white items properly. We are assuming, of course, that the fan is supposed to be connected to them somehow. I guess you'll need to look harder and try to find the wires from the fan that are supposed to be plugged in somewhere. Can you tell us what case you hae? Maybe that will give us useful info. For example, some cases have a few controls of their own for fans, but may require that the fan(s) be plugged into an odd place.

Solution