[SOLVED] Case fan setup

May 25, 2020
Hello, I just bought a new computer. Specs are

Asus b365m-k
i5-9400f
Rtx 2060
Corsair spec05 case

The temperatures are little too high imo. During gaming gpu and cpu reach 85°. Idle around 50°. I live in warm climate so ambient temp 25° - 30°.

1 fan was pre installed in the front. So I thought I can install 2 more fans. One more in the front for intake and one in the back for outtake.

I think this fan setup could lower the temperature, right? Maybe even by 10°!? I don't have any experience in installing fans so you guys got to help me out a little bit.

1. Can I just buy 2 x 120mm cooler fans and plug them in the mainboard?
  2. How does it work, do I have to install sth. E.g. in the bios?
  3. How to tell them intake or outtake?
  4. Can there be any complication with the cpu fan since the distance between cpu fan and rare fan would be very close.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Solution

Asus b365m-k
i5-9400f
Rtx 2060
Corsair spec05 case

The temperatures are little too high imo. During gaming gpu and cpu reach 85°. Idle around 50°. I live in warm climate so ambient temp 25° - 30°.

1 fan was pre installed in the front. So I thought I can install 2 more fans. One more in the front for intake and one in the back for outtake.

I think this fan setup could lower the temperature, right? Maybe even by 10°!? I don't have any experience in installing fans so you guys got to help me out a little bit.

3. How to tell them intake or...

Asus b365m-k
i5-9400f
Rtx 2060
Corsair spec05 case

3. How to tell them intake or outtake?
  4. Can there be any complication with the cpu fan since the distance between cpu fan and rare fan would be very close.
Many thanks in advance for your help.
  1. Yes if case has places for them.
  2. Depending of number of wires/contacts on them you may need to set in BIOS their control (3pin DC voltage control) or PWM (4wire) control.
  3. Each fan can be out or in depending on how you turn them, there should be an arrow on their casing but most output on side where motor is mounted.
  4. No.

Solution
May 25, 2020
I will try that, ordered 5 fans. Will try 2 front intake, 1 back 2 top outtake. With an open case I get almost 5 degree less, lets if with the fans it even gets better than that. It just doesn't feel right when it gets that warm. You think a stronger cpu cooler is necessary? Also I have the feeling that the gpu only gets so hot because the cpu warms everything up...

I will try that, ordered 5 fans. Will try 2 front intake, 1 back 2 top outtake. With an open case I get almost 5 degree less, lets if with the fans it even gets better than that. It just doesn't feel right when it gets that warm. You think a stronger cpu cooler is necessary? Also I have the feeling that the gpu only gets so hot because the cpu warms everything up...
Better than stock CPU cooler can't hurt, but try it like this with better case ventilation first.
All of that won't help too much with idle temps at high ambient temps but under load it should show.