[SOLVED] Case fan starts getting noisy after a few minutes ?

Jan 1, 2022
hello.
I have td500 mesh cooler master and in the front it has 3 fan.
after 30 minute or sometime 15 minute the milddle fan start a little noise.
the noise its not annoying but I want to know should I replace it or not?

Last edited:
Solution
This "little noise": Rattle, hum, buzz, throbbing, squeal? Try to describe the noise.

Possibly heat related. As the system warms up something expands and things get "tight".

Could also be that as the fan speeds up it moves a bit (Newton's laws) and may then touch other components, twist a bit, or cause wires to vibrate.

My suggestions:

Check that all screws are evenly tightened but not overly tightened.

Ensure that there is no debris in the fan. Blades should be clean of dust.

Look for any wires that could be being moved by the fan's airflows; pulled in or pushed away.

Swap the fan with one of the other fans. Determine if the noise follows the fan or stays with the middle location.

Ralston18

Titan
This "little noise": Rattle, hum, buzz, throbbing, squeal? Try to describe the noise.

Possibly heat related. As the system warms up something expands and things get "tight".

Could also be that as the fan speeds up it moves a bit (Newton's laws) and may then touch other components, twist a bit, or cause wires to vibrate.

My suggestions:

Check that all screws are evenly tightened but not overly tightened.

Ensure that there is no debris in the fan. Blades should be clean of dust.

Look for any wires that could be being moved by the fan's airflows; pulled in or pushed away.

Swap the fan with one of the other fans. Determine if the noise follows the fan or stays with the middle location.

Solution