case fan stopped working new fan no help

bernard18

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2011
I have an ASUS z170 pro gaming MB in a corsair spec 1 case. The front fan that came with the case just stopped working, although the LED lights that are part of the fan light up. Okay... opened case and installed new fan. Same result. The cpu fan works fine and a top exhaust fan (same corsair fan as well) works as well...I tried moving the cable connect to another fan 4pin on mb. no joy. I have made no changes to mb bios since last update about 90 days ago. The fan worked after upgrade. ASUS says send board for repair under warranty. That is the last option in my opinion. ANY thoughts??

bernard18

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2011

good advice. The asus fan bios (QFan control) is something I have never used. It looks a bit detailed but as I decided to dig into it I found that the non working fan is not recognized. The cpu fan and the top exhaust are represented by animated spinning fan icons. the non working fan is not. I enjoyed building this system but i'm not sure tearing it down for a mb repair will be as much fun. I am considering getting a fan card to run any other fans. Somewhat lazy solution I know.

TRENDING THREADS