[SOLVED] Case fan wavers when I put it on the rear exhaust position

Jacob 51

Notable
Dec 31, 2020
I've installed a case fan just behind the CPU heatsink for exhaust, in such a way that the heatsink's fan pushes air toward the exhaust fan. Its RPM slows down and fastens again in a fraction of seconds. Its not a fan problem as I tested with other fans too. This position is causing it.
My CPU fan is an ANTEC A30.
The CPU fan RPM is not as high to make the fan waver.

The case fan is from the ANT ESPORTS superflow kit.

What could be causing this?

Solution
I don't have a rear exhaust, but I do have 6 push/pull top exhaust on a radiator. Keeps me running cooooooooool

**but I also have 3 front intake and 3 side intake!
One way to look it it....if you're pulling more air through than you have too.....you pulling more dirt through too.....even with filters.

Another way to look at is..."cool enough" is "cool enough".

If your cool enough....it's not like getting an extra couple degrees is getting you anything in a practical sense.

Jacob 51

Notable
Dec 31, 2020
how is the fan getting power? direct from psu or from the motherboard?
Direct from the PSU. Actually, a controller came in the kit to which all the 3 fans are connected. The controller gets power from SATA power (The same wire that goes to the HDD). the power is not an issue since the fans work correctly when installed elsewhere.

I don't have a rear exhaust, but I do have 6 push/pull top exhaust on a radiator. Keeps me running cooooooooool

**but I also have 3 front intake and 3 side intake!
One way to look it it....if you're pulling more air through than you have too.....you pulling more dirt through too.....even with filters.

Another way to look at is..."cool enough" is "cool enough".

If your cool enough....it's not like getting an extra couple degrees is getting you anything in a practical sense.

Solution