Question Case Fan

Jan 16, 2020
I just upgraded pretty much everything within my computer. It space for two more fans on the top of the case but I cannot mount any case fans on the inside of the tower. Does anyone know of any external case fans or would it be just fine to mount case fans externally?

Yes you could install fans outside but, just because there is space it does not meant you should install fans.
Do you really need the fans?
Fans could get damaged very easily outside the case, so you might need grills (finger guard) or fans that includes them.
There are external USB fans you could use, otherwise you will need to route the fan cables inside the case.

Reactions: Timbolonius
Jan 16, 2020
Yes you could install fans outside but, just because there is space it does not meant you should install fans.
Do you really need the fans?
Fans could get damaged very easily outside the case, so you might need grills (finger guard) or fans that includes them.
There are external USB fans you could use, otherwise you will need to route the fan cables inside the case.

I guess I technically don't need to install any more case fans. I was looking for external case fans because the only one I have is internal and I couldn't really find anything that wasn't USB powered.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
There's a boat load of Carbide series models, but unless I'm missing something, there shouldn't be any reason any of them have any issue top mounting fans, there's nothing anywhere close to interfering. You should currently have at least 2-3 fans in any of them, 2x intakes and 1x rear exhaust.

A picture of the inside might be helpful

Jan 16, 2020
There's a boat load of Carbide series models, but unless I'm missing something, there shouldn't be any reason any of them have any issue top mounting fans, there's nothing anywhere close to interfering. You should currently have at least 2-3 fans in any of them, 2x intakes and 1x rear exhaust.

A picture of the inside might be helpful
I currently have two front intake and one rear exhaust and the grating on the top with no fans. I tried to put an extra fan in the top but my cpu cooler (Wraith cooler for an Ryzen 7) kind of makes it hard to put t on there. I think I should be fine with the grating open though. whatever hot air will just rise out.

I have the same fan configuration on my case with no top fan.
Since temps are fine, I am leaving the top without a fan and I know the heat is rising and escaping thru the top without the help of a fan.

Check your temps and if it isn't required then don't bother.

TRENDING THREADS