Question Case fans are always at 100% ?

Aug 3, 2022
I just got a new case (LANCOOL II Mesh RGB) and the case came with 3 fans with 3 pins. I connected them to my motherboard (b450m-hdv r4.0) and they always ran at 100% no matter what I did. If I got something like a Chassis Fan Hub or Thermaltake Commander FX - 10 would it solve my problem?
Please help me

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

they always ran at 100% no matter what I did.
In order to avoid repeating what hasn't worked out for you, What did you do?

How are the case fans connected to the motherboard at this moment of time?

Aug 3, 2022
I have two of my fans connected together with an old noctua cable to CHA_FAN1 and the other fan to CHA_FAN2.
I tried using speed fan, A-tuning, FanControl and some other things. I also tried using the BIOS and played around with it but they always stayed at 100%.

I have two of my fans connected together with an old noctua cable to CHA_FAN1 and the other fan to CHA_FAN2.
I tried using speed fan, A-tuning, FanControl and some other things. I also tried using the BIOS and played around with it but they always stayed at 100%.
Are you saying that you followed the instructions on page 37 of the manual and FAN-Tastic tuning did not work and that you also checked the Settings box to Autorun A-tuning at Startup and that did not work? In the bios did you set Fan Control to Manual and did you set the Chassis Fan 1 settings with cpu as the temp source and appropriate temps and speed settings? Also are the fans connected properly with the black ground wire on the correct pin on the connector?

Aug 3, 2022
Are you saying that you followed the instructions on page 37 of the manual and FAN-Tastic tuning did not work and that you also checked the Settings box to Autorun A-tuning at Startup and that did not work? In the bios did you set Fan Control to Manual and did you set the Chassis Fan 1 settings with cpu as the temp source and appropriate temps and speed settings? Also are the fans connected properly with the black ground wire on the correct pin on the connector?
I tried using FAN-Tasting Tuning and settings in the BIOS. I tried it a few times but it was still at 100%. I think I have everything properly connected.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Trying different software tools will not help. You have a small hardware issue. Speed control of older 3-pin fans and newer 4-pin fans must be done differently. If you plug a 3-pin fan into a header that is using the new 4-pin PWM Mode of control, you get no speed control - that 3-pin fan will always run full speed. To control the 3-pin fan, you must use Voltage Control Mode. Any 3-pin fan header will do that, so I expect that the one fan you have plugged into CHA_FAN2 IS being speed controlled.. But the two connected to CHA_FAN1 probably are not. It is not clear in your mobo manual, but I suspect that CHA_FAN1 is ONLY able to use the new PWM Mode, and you cannot control any 3-pin fan that way.

You need to get a different Splitter so you can connect all three fans to CHA-FAN2. Do NOT get a HUB. What is the difference? Can be tricky because the appearance often is very similar. A SPLITTER is simple. It has one "arm" to plug into a mobo header, and two or more "arms" with male connectors where you plug in your fans. It has no other connections. A HUB has those, PLUS a third type of "arm" that must plug into a power output from the PSU. This type of device can only be used for 4-pin fans, so do NOT get one of those. And yes, virtually all fans sold now have low enough current use that you CAN connect three to a single mobo fan header safely.