Question case fans aren't spinning

Oct 8, 2021
I tried to move my old hard drive into my PC, and after i turned it back on, the case fans won't spin. The CPU cooler and graphics card's fans are working. I don't know if its of any significance, but the LEDs on the fans are workings alright. My PC is a prebuilt and I'm not that great with computers, so when I tried to trace the wires I couldn't get past their cable management. Any help would be appreciated.

Oct 9, 2021
I tried to move my old hard drive into my PC, and after i turned it back on, the case fans won't spin. The CPU cooler and graphics card's fans are working. I don't know if its of any significance, but the LEDs on the fans are workings alright. My PC is a prebuilt and I'm not that great with computers, so when I tried to trace the wires I couldn't get past their cable management. Any help would be appreciated.
Hey, Do you know how to post your PCs specs? If so, can you do it? We gotta know a bit more about your computer in order to be able to help you better. Specifically sinces its about the fans, do you know what type of fans they are/who made them?

Oct 8, 2021
Hey, Do you know how to post your PCs specs? If so, can you do it? We gotta know a bit more about your computer in order to be able to help you better. Specifically sinces its about the fans, do you know what type of fans they are/who made them?
My specs are as follows: Ryzen 3 3100 for CPU, A320M for motherboard, 16gb ram, and my case is the Athena M2 Lite, made by Gamdias. As for the fans, I have 2x 120mm ARGB fans, and one 120mm fan in the back.

Oct 9, 2021
My specs are as follows: Ryzen 3 3100 for CPU, A320M for motherboard, 16gb ram, and my case is the Athena M2 Lite, made by Gamdias. As for the fans, I have 2x 120mm ARGB fans, and one 120mm fan in the back.
So did the fans spin BEFORE you put in the hard drive? they worked just fine? My first guess is maybe you knocked a cable loose that controls the fans, OR my second guess would be your fan settings might be screwed up in the BIOS. When your PC is under load, do they spin or no? like if your playing a game for instance.

Oct 8, 2021
So did the fans spin BEFORE you put in the hard drive? they worked just fine? My first guess is maybe you knocked a cable loose that controls the fans, OR my second guess would be your fan settings might be screwed up in the BIOS. When your PC is under load, do they spin or no? like if your playing a game for instance.
My fans worked perfectly before I put in the hard drive. When I first booted after installing the hard drive, there was a lot of noise. I thought it was the hard drive so I took it out, and the noise was still there. I noticed the CPU fan made a lot of noise, but it has since gone down. The fans do not spin.

Oct 9, 2021
My fans worked perfectly before I put in the hard drive. When I first booted after installing the hard drive, there was a lot of noise. I thought it was the hard drive so I took it out, and the noise was still there. I noticed the CPU fan made a lot of noise, but it has since gone down. The fans do not spin.
What type of noise? Your sure nothing is touching the fans obstructing them from spinning? Like a Cable??

Oct 8, 2021
My only other suggestion then would be to look in your bios and check the Fan speed curves. Check the minimums on the fans?
I checked bios and only saw the fan "CPU1". I guess that means that I knocked the fan cables out. Theres a small board on the backside of the computer case. It has wires plugged into it but i didn't mess with it. Do you think that's where the fans are connected? Maybe I knocked a power cable out but I wouldn't know how to identify it.

Oct 9, 2021
I checked bios and only saw the fan "CPU1". I guess that means that I knocked the fan cables out. Theres a small board on the backside of the computer case. It has wires plugged into it but i didn't mess with it. Do you think that's where the fans are connected? Maybe I knocked a power cable out but I wouldn't know how to identify it.
That is a strong possibility. If your BIOS is only detecting the one fan then perhaps you knocked out the main cable that goes to that fan hub that your talking about (which is what sounds like is on the back of your case) Could you maybe take a picture or try to identify that board on the back? It sounds like a fan hub but i cant be sure, any branding perhaps?

Oct 8, 2021
That is a strong possibility. If your BIOS is only detecting the one fan then perhaps you knocked out the main cable that goes to that fan hub that your talking about (which is what sounds like is on the back of your case) Could you maybe take a picture or try to identify that board on the back? It sounds like a fan hub but i cant be sure, any branding perhaps?
couldn’t find any branding, but noticed it said fan speed so i’m guessing it is a fan hub. here’s the pic. View: https://imgur.com/a/MKIWCpd

Oct 9, 2021
couldn’t find any branding, but noticed it said fan speed so i’m guessing it is a fan hub. here’s the pic. View: https://imgur.com/a/MKIWCpd
Ok yeah that is definitely a fan hub, I have a similar looking one in my PC. So if i were you I would go through each cable and make sure they are plugged in on both ends, going into the hub and then also checking the hubs plug themselves to make sure they are plugged into the mobo. I cant really help much with that since i am not there, but just track the cables and make sure theyre seated properly in the hub, and check the hubs cable itself.

Oct 8, 2021
Ok yeah that is definitely a fan hub, I have a similar looking one in my PC. So if i were you I would go through each cable and make sure they are plugged in on both ends, going into the hub and then also checking the hubs plug themselves to make sure they are plugged into the mobo. I cant really help much with that since i am not there, but just track the cables and make sure theyre seated properly in the hub, and check the hubs cable itself.
if by hub plug going into a mobo, you mean the white tipped cable, then that is not connected to anything. would that be some sort of power cable? if so i have no idea where that would go

Oct 9, 2021
if by hub plug going into a mobo, you mean the white tipped cable, then that is not connected to anything. would that be some sort of power cable? if so i have no idea where that would go
Well i wish i could physically help you there, but i would assume thats either that white tipped cable or the smaller cable next to it is where your issue might lie, theres probably a specific spot on your mobo for that stuff, youd just have to find it. If your not comfortable doing it, id suggest bringing in somewhere and having them check the cables.