[SOLVED] Case Fans cant connect to mobo (NZXT case)

chri

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2013
Hello

I have the NZXT 510i case which has multiple case fans with the connector pins as shown in image.

However there is no where to put this type of connector on my mobo?

View: https://imgur.com/a/GcShmpO
(case fans connectors)

Mobo is a Z590-A-PRO.

I have been using the pc for a few weeks no problem, but PC randomly restarts while gaming. I assume its overheating so need to plug these fans in.

Appreciate any help.

Solution
Look at those fans closely. SOME fans come with TWO connectors on their wires - one FEMALE with 4 holes, plus one MALE with three pins. The FEMALE one is supposed to plug into a mobo fan (male) header. The MALE connector on the fan wires is just so you can connect another fan to that, making a "daisy chain". This is a way to connect several similar fans to one single mobo header. NOTE that there is a limit to how many fans you can connect to one header. In this specific case, the AER F120 fan photo says it pulls at max 0.18 A current, and the limit of a fan header is 1.0 A max load, so you could connect up to five of those fans in one "daisy chain" off one mobo header.
Hello

I have the NZXT 510i case which has multiple case fans with the connector pins as shown in image.

However there is no where to put this type of connector on my mobo?

View: https://imgur.com/a/GcShmpO
(case fans connectors)

Mobo is a Z590-A-PRO.

I have been using the pc for a few weeks no problem, but PC randomly restarts while gaming. I assume its overheating so need to plug these fans in.

Appreciate any help.
Those connectors are male and made for some kind of a fan hub which then connects them all to MB which also has male pins but cable itself should have female connectors. See if some adapter or hub came with that case.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Look at those fans closely. SOME fans come with TWO connectors on their wires - one FEMALE with 4 holes, plus one MALE with three pins. The FEMALE one is supposed to plug into a mobo fan (male) header. The MALE connector on the fan wires is just so you can connect another fan to that, making a "daisy chain". This is a way to connect several similar fans to one single mobo header. NOTE that there is a limit to how many fans you can connect to one header. In this specific case, the AER F120 fan photo says it pulls at max 0.18 A current, and the limit of a fan header is 1.0 A max load, so you could connect up to five of those fans in one "daisy chain" off one mobo header.

Reactions: CountMike
Solution