[SOLVED] Case Fans - Cooler Master Sickleflow 120 ARGB

Jan 27, 2021
I have a set of three of the fans mentioned in the title (Amazon URL). They all came packaged together with a controller. Since these come configured to daisy chain together, I decided to simply chain all three together and plug them into one of the JRAINBOW (3 pin) connectors on my MSI MAG Mortar Wifi B550 motherboard (Amazon URL).

The fans work great, and the RGB works great as well, but I can't seem to get the fans to sync with MSI's Mystic Lighting. The fans are advertised to be compatible, so I presume that I am simply doing something wrong. As mentioned, I daisy chained all three together and connected directly to the JRAINBOW header. I did not use the included controller.

Is the controller required in order to sync with MSI's mystic light?

Solution
most companies haven't implemented good cross-manufacturer RGB control yet. though they are getting better.
i would just try it with the fan hub\controller.

also try MSI Dragon Center and see if it detects the fans or just a generic device connected to the aRGB motherboard header. it may not be able to detect the actual device, but possibly as just another aRGB cable you can customize\sync that would give the same end result with the fan's RGB options.
most companies haven't implemented good cross-manufacturer RGB control yet. though they are getting better.

also try MSI Dragon Center and see if it detects the fans or just a generic device connected to the aRGB motherboard header. it may not be able to detect the actual device, but possibly as just another aRGB cable you can customize\sync that would give the same end result with the fan's RGB options.

Solution
Jan 27, 2021

Thanks for the reply, John. I had been using Dragon Center to test all of this out and I wasn't seeing the fans.

When I went back to check on this just to be able to accurately describe things, I did notice that I had options for MB and DRAM, but what I missed before was that the MB has a drop-down menu where I can select the JRAINBOW headers (#1 and #2 individually) and customize them. So long story short, I'm a dummy and missed it completely lol. I've been through those settings a number of times and missed it. Albeit I didn't know what I was looking for, but still, I found it right away this time :D.

Reactions: JohnBonhamsGhost